• New Jersey Seashore Lines: was CNJ being cleard Woodmansie>N

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Eric Kreszl

Hello,

I believe the Switch for Red bank Recycling has been Installed. CSAO was told by the Boro of Red bank NOT to install it but they did it anyway. I'don't know what is currently the situation but I intend to find out.

Eric

by The Rising

Hello all,

I guess I was wrong. This filing certainly threw me for a loop. It is for a line in Freehold, not the former southern secondary.

What I found to be interesting was that the notice talks about the additional rights in NJ. I take it that ICC approval was granted for Ashland operations in the 1980's, but was never discontinued or abandoned.

It will be interesting to see what this operation will serve.

I'll comment more later when I hear back from others.

Until next time.

See ya all later.

by wolfboy8171981

Looks like its the old Brockway Glass lead. Switch is still in place, the lead is all over grown. Funny it says the customer will be Clayton Sand.... I wonder if they'll ship sand from South Jersey to Freehold.

by JADes718

But if they are going to ship sand to Brokway glass or the Clayton plant , will they re-hab the track from Farmingdale? The track looks to be in bad shape.

by NYSW2300

JADes718 wrote:But if they are going to ship sand to Brokway glass or the Clayton plant , will they re-hab the track from Farmingdale? The track looks to be in bad shape.

Perhaps, if the money is right Conrail would rehab the track. However the filling does say that ASRY will not connect with ASRR, so maybe this is unrelated to the Woodmancie project.

by VinLaz

wolfboy8171981 wrote:Looks like its the old Brockway Glass lead. Switch is still in place, the lead is all over grown. Funny it says the customer will be Clayton Sand.... I wonder if they'll ship sand from South Jersey to Freehold.
The switch into Brockway has been removed for a while. It looks like they are talking about running into the Clayton cement plant thats behind Brockway, off Jerseyville ave.

by ApproachMedium

Last time I checked, there was no switch installed for RBR let alone any trackage. They have stacks of track sections at RBR and they have two switch tracks sitting in trenches in the dirt, but no switch tracks have been installed onto the southern. Eric are you thinking of the DPW? The Red Bank DPW has a yard behind it, that for the past 8 months on and off I have seen NJT MoW trains working on it. There is a connection to the NJCL from this yard, and they have been loading some form of scrap into two gons that are parked on the end of the tracks. They were removed yesterday and replaced with two brandy new NJT gons, not sure whats going on there...

by Eric Kreszl

AntNJTrainSet wrote:Last time I checked, there was no switch installed for RBR let alone any trackage. They have stacks of track sections at RBR and they have two switch tracks sitting in trenches in the dirt, but no switch tracks have been installed onto the southern. Eric are you thinking of the DPW? The Red Bank DPW has a yard behind it, that for the past 8 months on and off I have seen NJT MoW trains working on it. There is a connection to the NJCL from this yard, and they have been loading some form of scrap into two gons that are parked on the end of the tracks. They were removed yesterday and replaced with two brandy new NJT gons, not sure whats going on there...
No I read an article in the paper back in either late August or early September. The article said that Conrail had put the 2 switches near the recycling center near the Bergan Place crossing. According to the article the switches were installed Illegally by Conrail.

Eric

by blockline4180

Eric Kreszl wrote:
AntNJTrainSet wrote:Last time I checked, there was no switch installed for RBR let alone any trackage. They have stacks of track sections at RBR and they have two switch tracks sitting in trenches in the dirt, but no switch tracks have been installed onto the southern. Eric are you thinking of the DPW? The Red Bank DPW has a yard behind it, that for the past 8 months on and off I have seen NJT MoW trains working on it. There is a connection to the NJCL from this yard, and they have been loading some form of scrap into two gons that are parked on the end of the tracks. They were removed yesterday and replaced with two brandy new NJT gons, not sure whats going on there...
No I read an article in the paper back in either late August or early September. The article said that Conrail had put the 2 switches near the recycling center near the Bergan Place crossing. According to the article the switches were installed Illegally by Conrail.

Eric

YES, they are NEAR there! They aren't installed yet!

by JADes718

NYSW2300 wrote:
JADes718 wrote:But if they are going to ship sand to Brokway glass or the Clayton plant , will they re-hab the track from Farmingdale? The track looks to be in bad shape.

Perhaps, if the money is right Conrail would rehab the track. However the filling does say that ASRY will not connect with ASRR, so maybe this is unrelated to the Woodmancie project.
But the filing lists alot and block in Freehold township, lot 21 block 34 and that they are appling to operate 1.5 miles of track in Freehold Township.

by ApproachMedium

blockline4180 wrote:
Eric Kreszl wrote:

Eric
YES, they are NEAR there! They aren't installed yet!
Thanks blockline, thats what I was looking for NEAR there!

Eric you live in little silver, go down bergen pl, and check out the switches. They aren't connected to anything. In fact they don't even have switch stands. I pass by this crossing freqently, at least once a week. Since I first saw the switches in July, they have not been installed and I have gone by there this week as well and they are still in said 'trenches'

by Eric Kreszl

I know that they are not installed. :P But what else would they be for?

Eric

by wolfboy8171981

VinLaz wrote:
wolfboy8171981 wrote:Looks like its the old Brockway Glass lead. Switch is still in place, the lead is all over grown. Funny it says the customer will be Clayton Sand.... I wonder if they'll ship sand from South Jersey to Freehold.
The switch into Brockway has been removed for a while. It looks like they are talking about running into the Clayton cement plant thats behind Brockway, off Jerseyville ave.
Are you sure. I havent been down that part of the Freehold secondary in about a year, but it was in place the last time i was there. We would drop the outbounds from Prestone by us there instead of shoving the entire train thru town there.

It looks like the Ashland Railroad has modified there filling, but it hasnt been posted on the STB website yet.

by David

A little off topic here....Hmmmmmm??

by VinLaz

(edited 2/1/07 at 12:38pm by moderator--See above comment)

Definately! I pass it everday. You can see the brand new section of track they put in.
I still see some tanks and hoppers being run to Honeywell(Prestone) every once in a while.