• Hoboken Delight - Part 3 // with a Comet V train special #27

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by F40

22) Spur tracks after Campbell Hall. Fill ins?

23) A track enters the PJ track after Middletown. Any info?

24) And was there a forest fire in the area adjacent to the tracks?

25) Between Otisville and PJ, there is a semi-long tunnel without any tunnel lights. How come no lights are installed? I only saw the 4 strobe lights of the GP40 ahead. Any basic background about the tunnel?

26) Who is the predecessor of the PJ line?

27) Our train (#64) back to HOB, had, behold, 5 MNR Comet V's with a GP40 behind. For the aesthetic-required traveler, here you go. Too bad it's rare to find. BTW, I forgot to say I rode Comet I #1603 (lo-door) to PJ. I rode Comet V #6757 on the way back.

28) In addition, this train had the correct LCD and voice announcements. Congratulations NJT.

29) We had a 'party-train' to HOB. Despite the late hour, a large group of teenagers boarded at Harriman or so heading for the City. People singing happy birthday, video cameras, and conversing were all there to enlighten the journey home.

30) Last but not least, Harriman has incandescent lights for the platform. Does it plan to get fluorescents or will it be like that for some time?

Thank you for those in the railfan community searching through to find answers. They are greatly appreciated.
  by nick11a

F40 wrote:27) Our train (#64) back to HOB, had, behold, 5 MNR Comet V's with a GP40 behind. For the aesthetic-required traveler, here you go. Too bad it's rare to find. BTW, I forgot to say I rode Comet I #1603 (lo-door) to PJ. I rode Comet V #6757 on the way back.
Actually, the MNCR Comet Vs are having increasing usage on the PJ line (as well as the M&E sometimes too! Oh well...) It is nice to see these trains in solid sets. On this train being that is is newer equipment, I doubt that any on the doors were left open in transit.
  by thebigc

F40 wrote:22) Spur tracks after Campbell Hall. Fill ins?

23) A track enters the PJ track after Middletown. Any info?

24) And was there a forest fire in the area adjacent to the tracks?

25) Between Otisville and PJ, there is a semi-long tunnel without any tunnel lights. How come no lights are installed? I only saw the 4 strobe lights of the GP40 ahead. Any basic background about the tunnel?

26) Who is the predecessor of the PJ line?

27) Our train (#64) back to HOB, had, behold, 5 MNR Comet V's with a GP40 behind. For the aesthetic-required traveler, here you go. Too bad it's rare to find. BTW, I forgot to say I rode Comet I #1603 (lo-door) to PJ. I rode Comet V #6757 on the way back.

28) In addition, this train had the correct LCD and voice announcements. Congratulations NJT.

29) We had a 'party-train' to HOB. Despite the late hour, a large group of teenagers boarded at Harriman or so heading for the City. People singing happy birthday, video cameras, and conversing were all there to enlighten the journey home.

30) Last but not least, Harriman has incandescent lights for the platform. Does it plan to get fluorescents or will it be like that for some time?

Thank you for those in the railfan community searching through to find answers. They are greatly appreciated.
#22- Old "West Hall" switch to enter Campbell Hall yard is just West of the O&W bridge. You also have a few siding in the vicinity of the Red Onion detector.
#23- 84 Lumber?
#25- Otisville Tunnel.
#26- Erie railroad