• Boonton Line New Siding

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by gravelyfan

Thanks to all for the info here.

So will the H 56 be going to Hartz on the Orange Branch now?

And will the H 02 run M-F days (instead of M-Th Days and Friday night?)

And while we're on the subject of NS jobs, I've heard the H80 from time to time. That used to be one of the two Pascack Valley jobs, but that got cut back a while back (2002 i think). What is the H80 assignment now?

by David

Hey---wpdj61--good to see you!!--wondered if you were out there somewhere!! You on the Boonton line now?---Will be up in June.
  by nolifeCRchaser

gravelyfan wrote:Thanks to all for the info here.

So will the H 56 be going to Hartz on the Orange Branch now?

And will the H 02 run M-F days (instead of M-Th Days and Friday night?)

And while we're on the subject of NS jobs, I've heard the H80 from time to time. That used to be one of the two Pascack Valley jobs, but that got cut back a while back (2002 i think). What is the H80 assignment now?
The H56 may be doing the Hartz drill as they have to run on the light rail, which can only be done during the night, however if Hartz wants the drill on the usual friday nights, the H-02 will do that. On the days when the H56 is not working Dover, they work Suffern not Croxton as mentioned before.

Onto the H80, The H80 used to do Zarega Pasta and Nabisco in Fairlawn and then pick up cars off the Green Street runaround on the Pascack Valley Line. The job was cut in mid 2003 due to problems between management and the engineer. When that engineer left NS the job was put back on as a yard/local, as part of NS's plans to turn all jobs into yard/locals to avoid having to pay certain pay claims. The H80 works Monday-Friday signing on at Croxton at 4pm. Lately the H80 has been doing yard work, but will venture out onto transit to clean up after certain crews. Tonight the H80 was suppossed to do Nabisco, but at 10pm management realized they have to give Nabisco a drill. The H80 also went to Oak Island on friday with an NS C40-8 # 8706 to deliver a Conrail/CSX C30-7 and assemble the 19G power.

by Sirsonic

H56 was sitting in Summit yard last night with 2 cars for Rehis. Im not sure what time they arrived, but they would follow the last Gladstone train up the branch.

by Sirsonic

The new siding is now in serivce. According to NJT, the name of the new siding is Dietrich. The switch is equiped with a 7:00 minute electric lock.

by SemperFiSep11

Drove past yesterday in a very roundabout routing to the some of the finest pizza in New Jersey (Anthony Franco's in Lincoln Park, of course) and poked around the Wooton Street overpass for a few minutes.

The trackwork is beautiful. Several hundred feet of the old second main have been reballasted and "re-tied" west of the steel company. There appears to be two tracks heading into the company's property. It looks to me like first rate track-work.

The Wal-Mart compound also continues unhindered...grrrrr
  by baju

Does anyone know the schedule for a photo shot of trains running from easton to washington.
  by nolifeCRchaser

baju wrote:Does anyone know the schedule for a photo shot of trains running from easton to washington.
The Washington Secondary local from Allentown to Washington runs every weekday(mon-fri). Usually we would pick up the cars from them at Washington Yard at around 2-4pm.

by Tri-State Tom

So has DIETRICH taken it's first load or shipped it's first load as yet ?
  by gravelyfan

I saw reported elsewhere by Bob Bahrs that Dietrich's first car was delivered Thursday 4/15.

This morning (4/23) there were 10 cars parked in the "yard" along the Boonton Line, a mix of boxcars and covered hoppers.

by gravelyfan

I understand Dietrich got two more cars delivered this week, not sure what day.
  by RichM

Facility was being switched today at about 12:45 PM, there were several boxcars and a Conrail locomotive visible from the Wootton St. bridge.

by njt4172

Would love to see big freight ply the M&E or Boonton line iron once again! I just don't see it happening unless 3-5 more businesses reopen....

by gravelyfan

Going by the storage track this afternoon there were quite a few boxcars parked here, most seemed to have "YARR" reporting marks.