• BOX CAR AT ROCHELLE AVE SIDING

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by ALCOGG1

What is the story with the box car with its own set of tracks on the eastern side of the Rochelle Ave crossing? It looks like some sort of makeshift transfer dock. Who would be using this?

by Steve F45

i thought the samething last week while shopping at that new CVS. There is a paved or compacted dirt road with crossbucks right by the box car.

by CarterB

Both ends of the boxcar have been cut out and side doors removed. Surely a strange looking beast!

by ALCOGG1

I answered my own question today while working in town. Saw a fridge truck backed up to the side of the "boxcar dock" transferring a load from a revenue boxcar they had switched onto the side track. Could this be a customer that had used the pre CVS warehouse siding. Seems like a good makeshift idea in the tradition of shortline RRs of yore. Even have signs up for truckers to be careful when crossing the tracks on the road they made for this operation.