• Future Railroad Employees

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

by Engineer James

Trevor> Sorry to burst your bubble son, I am 17, and wanna work for CSX. However, most if not all of the ex-D&H equipment, except the Baldwin Sharks (Privately Owned), and a few PA's are either gone, or in a Booster capacity.... sorry.

by TAMR213

Engineer James wrote:Trevor> Sorry to burst your bubble son, I am 17, and wanna work for CSX. However, most if not all of the ex-D&H equipment, except the Baldwin Sharks (Privately Owned), and a few PA's are either gone, or in a Booster capacity.... sorry.
Read his post again and think about what he said before you make assinine posts.

by stevo

AmtrakPhill629 wrote:future LIRR engineer
good choice. the lirr is awesome!

by trevor macpherson

Actually they're are 7312 and 7307 I think for GP-38's or GP-38-2's. Ive got many pictures of 7312.

by The RailMan

Yesterday I got an email from Metro-North offering me the chance to take the test for Assistant Conductor. :P :wink:
I've been submitting applications and resumes since I turned 18 over 3 years ago

by toberborgan

c
Last edited by toberborgan on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by ENR3870

toberborgan wrote:I'd like to apply for brake operator in a couple years ago, and then hopefully work my way up to conducter or engineer. Depends whether or not I take the turn to add to my art portfolio or establish a career in locomotives
Most railroads hire you as a conductor. The days of starting as a brakeman and working your way up is gone, except for some railroads.

by stevo

what does a brakeman even do now?

by Chris_S68

stevo wrote:what does a brakeman even do now?
The brakeman assists the conductor on the ground. Particularly helpful in switching.
As evidenced by increasing dwell times, remotes are no replacement for a three man crew.

Chris

by The RailMan

I took the assistant conductors test and passed! They told us it'd take 3 weeks to hear back, I heard back in 2 days! Now I'm just waiting to hear back from them again

by ridintherails

since i was 4 years old ive wanted to be an engineer for the mbta in boston!!!!

by stevo

that's EXACTLY what i want to do! only i'd want to drive the subways, not the commuter rail.

by alex45

Im gonna be an enginner for Amtrak. Plan to drive the Acela Express since I already have a family member involved with the same job

by alex45

I have a long way to go but here is my order of jobs, Conductor for Amtrak Regionals, then switch to conductor for Acela, then go onto engineer.

by stevo

not sure what railroad, but definitely engineer.