• Locomotive Wheel Lathe

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

by WardInd

I am looking to buy a locomotive wheel lathe.Condition is unimportant.Any size will be considered.

Wade Nye
Ward Industries
(916) 548-1347

by BrianM

I know the SRNJ just recently purchased one. I can get the information from them for you. They bought it right from the company.

Brian
  by WardInd

I know where to buy a new one.I am looking for used. This new one to replace an existing one and what will they they be doing with the old one?

Wade
  by BrianM

WardInd wrote:I know where to buy a new one.I am looking for used. This new one to replace an existing one and what will they they be doing with the old one?

Wade

This was not a replaement. Previously, they sent the unit out to be done.

Brian
  by WardInd

Ohh Well....

Who were they farming the work out to? Maybe they have one that they wish to sell.

Thanks
  by BrianM

WardInd wrote:Ohh Well....

Who were they farming the work out to? Maybe they have one that they wish to sell.

Thanks

Conrail

Brian

by bystander

where is there shop buliding don 't they hav to have some sort of buildng for this things?

by Tadman

check out www.surplusrecord.com - they have lots of used industrial equipment.

by scharnhorst

Canadian National had one for sale on there surplus section on there web page a few weeks ago don't know if its still posted there or not.