• Wanna see some trains on the old Lehigh main again?!

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

by scharnhorst

2211 is the unit that will repainted into LVRR Colors heard about it from the owner at Lake City Hobby who got this first hand from FGLK C.E.O. Mike Smith.

by CPSD40-2

I was told last night that she's already in primer, and the hope is that the paint job will be complete by month's end.
  by Matt Langworthy

In the meantime, you check out action on this section of the former LV main:

http://www.lalrailfan.net/gallery/displ ... m=47&pos=0

Keepin' the flame alive w/Ontario Central- which receives freight from an interchange w/FGLK at Shortville, NY.

by CPSD40-2

FWIW - The ONTC crossing at Route 96 closes down tomorrow for much needed repairs. You'll have to detour around it for a while.

by hemcool

I see stacks of new ties and MOW equipment between Farmington and Victor yesterday on the old main line. Is that track in that bad of shape or upgrade for traffic increase??????? hopefully.
All the way to Buffalo! not!

by BR&P

With time, ties wear out, whether it's the main line of CSX or a small road like ONCT. This week will see replacement of about 6,000 ties, with switch timbers, surfacing, and bolt work to follow.

by DElder

Anyone have any current info on the status of the U23B 2211 repaint in the LV scheme? I may be back in NY in a couple weeks, and if this has been completed or is nearing completion, I'd like to arrange some time to stop by Geneva to get a couple pictures.

Thanks!
Doug Elder

by DElder

Thanks! Hopefully someone will get a couple pics to post and share with the rest of us.
Doug

by scharnhorst

Unit Ran passed threw Auburn on its way to Solvay yesterday morning around 10:30a.m. Saw it from a distance could not catch the 2ed unit in the lead. It passed back threw Auburn on its way back to Geneva around 7:35p.m. in the lead and could not catch the 2ed unit with it as it was geting to dark to see.