• bussing on the vermonter this weekend

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by theozno

anyone know why the vermonteir going northbound is out of sevice on sunday. apparently when I tried to make a reservation it says going back north on sunday, bussing was the only option available and it was sold out I was gonna try to take the train from white river jct to stamford CT this weekend because its cheeper than gas thanks

by Dick H

Reportedly, the project to expand the height of the tunnel at Bellows Falls will require "a few days" of bussing. I have not heard whether the tunnel work has actually started or not.

Dick H

by Dick H

Amtrak Web Site shows Northbound Vermonter bustituted on September 17-18-19 and the Soundbound on September 18-19-20.

Northbound on the 17th does show the bus as sold out.

Dick H

by theozno

I wanted to go home again by train but I refuse to take a bus
their doing Bussing again this weekend...
my curious question is how come they can't terminate the train further north say at bellows falls or ascutney stop?

as quoted (amtrak.com)
Service Alert: Vermonter Trains 54, 55, 56 and 57 - Motorcoach Service Between Springfield and St. Albans

Beginning Sept. 23 through Sept. 27, passengers traveling on Vermonter Trains 54, 55, 56 and 57 will be provided motorcoach service between Springfield and St. Albans due to track work being performed near White River Junction by New England Central Railroad.

Northbound Service
Train 54 – Sept. 23 and 24
Train 56 – Sept. 25 and 26

On the dates listed above, Trains 54 and 56, which normally operate between Washington and St. Albans, will terminate in Springfield. Motorcoach service will be provided between Springfield and St. Albans and all intermediate points.

Southbound Service
Train 57 – Sept. 24
Train 55 – Sept. 25, 26 and 27

On the dates listed above, Trains 55 and 57, which normally originates in St. Albans, will originate in Springfield. Motorcoach service will be provided between St. Albans and Springfield (and all intermediate points), where passengers may board southbound Trains 55 or 57 to their destination. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience you may experience.
Dick H wrote:Amtrak Web Site shows Northbound Vermonter bustituted on September 17-18-19 and the Soundbound on September 18-19-20.

Northbound on the 17th does show the bus as sold out.

Dick H

by gprimr1

Welded rail is being installed near White River Junction.