• RUMOR: D&H double-tracking?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by D&HFan

Has anyone heard the rumour of CP Rail placing a double track or passing siding in the Howes Cave or Cobleskill area for the Howes Cave quarry to open in the spring?

by ANDY117

Haven't heard anything about a quarry. I know there's a variety of projects that got delayed after the flooding, but they all apparently got back on track so to speak.

And isn't there already a siding in Richmondville? And Delanson?

by D&HFan

there is a small siding in Richmondville thats only about 3 car lengths, I dont know about Delanson. I know the quarry in Howes Cave is going to open soon and that they put a new mainline swith in so the railroad can access it. I know they are requesting alot of hopper cars but they did not want to tie up the mainline, so I guess its still in the air.

by ANDY117

I think you're talking about a spur. The Richmondville Siding is (grabs CP/D&H timetable) 7400 feet long, and the siding in Delanson is 24000 feet long. I'll be interested to see if these stone trains come down to Binghamton.

by Mem160

I think they are putting double track OR a small yard or something at the Cement Plant West of Cobleskill

--- Mark