• SD70M-2s

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by AmtrakFan

Group,
I have learned that FEC Is ordering 4 SD70M-2's.

by ACLfan

Guess that they must have liked the two demo units that were on recently on the property.

ACLfan

by NorfolkSouthernSean

They ordered 4 SD70M-2 for third quarter 2006 delivery. They are to be numbered 100-103. They have two more on order for delivery in mid 2007.

by GOLDEN-ARM

I wonder who will be the first one, to post pictures of the new units, here? :wink:
  by U-Haul

When will these units start arriving? What paint scheme will they have?

STAR TREK 40TH ANNIVERSARY
SEPTEMBER 8TH 1966 - SEPTEMBER 8TH 2006

by Noel Weaver

The period that I heard some time back was "third quarter 2006". We are
in that period now but I have heard nothing and seen nothing as yet.
Noel Weaver

by fire5506

I heard from an engineer that it was moved back to the 4th quarter. Maybe I'll be back to work before they come online.

by GOLDEN-ARM

If you get tired of watching, you could head over to the jetty, for some killer flounder fishing.......... :wink:

by Noel Weaver

According to the Trains publication "LOCOMOTIVE" the new SD-70M-2's
will be numbered 100-103.
I still have not heard anything as to just when we might see these new
units.
Noel Weaver

by Nova55

Units are on there way to paint as we speak...

by Nelson Bay

GA Says:
If you get tired of watching, you could head over to the jetty, for some killer flounder fishing..........

NB Says:
Seems the flounder have stopped biting.... getting some great (2-3) pound whiting however)

by GOLDEN-ARM

You did try the "thumb" on the jetty, the beach side, about 30 feet out, from the main jetty? A deep hole right there, from the current, and the flounder lie there, in a big long row. Catching almost 40 in a single hour, every cast gets a hit, when you get the right edge, of the hole.............. :wink: Oh yeah, How about those SD-70's!!!! (back on topic..... :P )

by BillyDee53

There are images of the new paint at the Atlas website. Go to the HO forum. Paint job is supposedly a direct copy of the Alaska RR scheme...kind of a medium, metallic blue with yellow band and yellow pinstripes. Cab sides and ends are yellow, and everything below the frame is silver.

by dutchboy

Wow those are going to be big units on the road. Im from NY but have seen the FEC many times on vacations. Is there a reason why their painted like that? When i first saw the picture I was kinda disapointed in the paint.. Where does the yellow come from???