• Blendon station?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by trwinship

For railfans in the Columbus area: can anyone tell me if the white building currently housing a glass retailer, located on Westerville Road north of the state route 161 overpass, the former location of Blendon village, was ever a railroad station? I note that it was closely bounded on the north by the old CA&C (PRR) line to Westerville and on the south by the trolley line running from Columbus to Westerville. I haven't been able to find anything about its history, but its architecture reminds me of a railroad structure. It seems rather large for a small town station, though. Thanks for your help!