• New Equipment on the Atlantic City Line?

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by TR-00

A quiet aside to Nick...

Although I would never say so pubicly, Don (BigC) is highly respected in his craft. I understand his sensitivy to cracks about his union, and he is one of the few actually trying to make it better.

That's where the best part of this forman comes in. This is probably the only forum where actual debate can be carried on without censorship by lockstepping, jackbooted moderators. This is the only place where you can feel free to have an opinion, and express it without being "edited" or having your post "removed".

Congratulations to the moderators here for walking the fine line between freedom of expression and censorship because we don't agree with their views.

I have to go to work now (and torture and maybe bounce around my ticket puncher...er conductor). I'll be back to insulting Don tomorrow. :P

by nick11a

Your welcome. And I do enjoy the debates- especially between the likes of you two.

Although, I must admit, I am tempted to go back and edit your post TR for your spelling errors such as "forum" instead of as you put it, "forman." :-)

by Jtgshu

Careful Nick, some of those "misspellings" aren't misspellings

:-P hahahahah

by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:Careful Nick, some of those "misspellings" aren't misspellings

:-P hahahahah
Oh sure, you're one to talk; that coming from the king of mis-spellings. :wink:

by Jtgshu

yes, yes i am, the "king of misspellings" - typing at like 80wpm, the mistakes pop out pretty fast and accumulate quickly!!

But I have the quickest delete finger in the East!

But Nick, thats not what I was referring to..............think about it, you'll get it :-)

by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:yes, yes i am, the "king of misspellings" - typing at like 80wpm, the mistakes pop out pretty fast and accumulate quickly!!

But I have the quickest delete finger in the East!

But Nick, thats not what I was referring to..............think about it, you'll get it :-)
Oh, I got it now Jt. I just wanted to get a crack on you while I was at it. :P

by jg greenwood

Damn!!!! When I'm cocked and primed to drop railroad.net like a used condom I discover this bit of "lively discourse!"
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!

by sixty-six

TR-00, whenever I'm having a down day, i come across one of your posts and your avatar of you in that helmet makes me giggle like a little girl.

Oh and I PM'ed you, just so you know.

by TR-00

oh Crap...you people got us off topic...wait a minute...crap...that can start with a bigC.... :P

by blockline4180

TR-00 wrote:oh Crap...you people got us off topic...wait a minute...crap...that can start with a bigC.... :P
Wow, Keep it coming guys! This is some very entertaining reading! :P

by nick11a

TR-00 wrote:oh Crap...you people got us off topic...wait a minute...crap...that can start with a bigC.... :P
Off topic huh Bob? I wouldn't exactly call that debate between you and BigC on topic- but I gave you two lee-way as it was going so well. :-D

by thebigc

OK, BOT...

I made an accurate observation regarding the HVAC in the cab cars and Ol' Helmethead launched into some typical FNG-I've-got-a-certificate-and-you-don't-so-I'm-superior-to-you vitriolic smoke screen to evade the issue. And if HH decides to respond here, I'm sure I'll hear it yet again: I make more money than you, blah blibbity blah, I've got a library card, err... locomotive engine driver certificate and you don't, blah blah blibbity bliblah, your union sucks and mine's the ultimate yada yada yada...

Whatev...

He should just cut and paste his first response and save himself time and precious energy.

Quick question, Helmethead: when you're on your January vacation, is your job abolished and trains annulled until you come back? I didn't think so. You should really take a step back and a good look around.

by PRSL1972

Lets get back to the thread of rolling stock on the ACL, If i want to here ba-- busting I will purchass a ticket for a train ride on the ACL and listen to everyone b---h and moan like usual. HA HA HA :P :P :P

by jg greenwood

TR-00 wrote:What's even worse is when a brainless conductor (read "most") keeps entering the cab to smoke a cigarette. The only hope we have is when there are piles of conductors dead from lung cancer.
Might we also say likewise re: overweight slop-tubs (mostly engineers) expiring from heart disease as a result of the 50-lbs. of excess pork they're packing? Nah, that would be a cruel, heartless and STUPID comment. Correct?

by ryanov

I'm not a smoker or an overweight person. I can say this much, though... at least the large folks aren't taking me down with them. I don't frankly understand either one (though losing a lot of weight is probably harder than quitting smoking, at least physical effort wise). Gaining weight can also sneak up on you, whereas I'm afraid that making the choice to go out and purchase cigarettes isn't something that happens by accident.

In any case, while we're all collectively butchering the english language, allow me, as the resident grammar nazi, to post one of the more frequent mistakes: http://dictionary.reference.com/help/fa ... their.html There are a couple of good ones in here.

PS: It's spelled DEFINITELY. With an I, not an A. Finite, not Finate.