• The 1921 Set To Leave

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by GP40MC1118

ex-MBTA GP9 1921 is scheduled to leave Somerville tonight on Guilford's
SALO freight. Destined to the Hobo RR in Lincoln, NH for repairs, overall for its private owner. Was placed out for GRS June 30th.

D

by GP40MC 1116

Thanks Dave for that info on the 1921, I want to see about getting a shot of it in Concord, as I am sure it won’t be moving far from their for a few days possibly.NEGS and the Cotton Valley Rail Trail Club are repairing the Washout which shortened the Mass Bay RRE. Lakes Region Limited Trip a while ago. The repairs start Saturday @ 8AM. It occurred due to all of the flooding we had not too long ago. Depending how this Saturday goes for them, will have a impact on when 1921 goes up North to Lincoln. I know that the NEGS 566 and a MBTA Caboose are already up their, and to make the trip worthwhile, NEGS/PLRR want to make sure they are all ready for transport. I should be in the Concord area and up @ the Hobo this Saturday, I’ll see what I can find out from the Hobo guys. Seeing how it’s Friday and unless they don't take the local to Manchester.., NEGS doesn’t run on the weekends, so I think 1921 will be tied down in Nashua or Manchester, Can anyone give us a RailFans report from the road!!

Thanks

by b&m 1566

Engine 1921 is already sitting in Concord, NH It was dropped off in Manchester today by Guilford and picked up a few hours later by NEGS 2370.
Picture of the 1921 sitting in the Manchester rail yard
http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... o_Railroad

by GP40MC 1116

b&m 1566 wrote:Engine 1921 is already sitting in Concord, NH It was dropped off in Manchester today by Guilford and picked up a few hours later by NEGS 2370.
Picture of the 1921 sitting in the Manchester rail yard
http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... o_Railroad
Thanks Brian, I believe 1921 will be sitting in Concord until at least next week. The only "extra" this weekend will probably be some materials for the roadbed as NEGS repairs the washout in Canterbury, NH. As me and you both know Brian, who knows NEGS puills alot of things out of their sleeves, but i think it will probably go up sometime next week

by highrail

If anyone gets a tip on when the move north might happen, it would be great if it could be posted. Thanks

How did the work effort go yesterday to repair the washout north of Concord?

Steve

by CSX Conductor

I couldn't help but to notice the other day how the poster of those photos took the photos on July 7th, but posted them the day before, lol. :P

by GP40MC 1116

highrail wrote:If anyone gets a tip on when the move north might happen, it would be great if it could be posted. Thanks

How did the work effort go yesterday to repair the washout north of Concord?

Steve
Due to the busy work week NEGS had, the washout north of Concord was not fixed or even touched on Saturday

by GP40MC 1116

We'll she's alive and well sitting in Concord
Pic from Saturday

by CSX Conductor

I hope that facing point switch was tagged / locked out so nobody could go into the FRA car which is fouling the crossover. :wink:

by GP40MC 1116

CSX Conductor wrote:I hope that facing point switch was tagged / locked out so nobody could go into the FRA car which is fouling the crossover. :wink:
It's locked i do believe as in all their switches. Interestingly arround the FRA Car is these "red flags" on both ends of the car

by GP40MC 1116

Is the 1921 still in Concord, NH?

I correct myself, it IS in Concord, NH still on the "Lumber/Team Track if you can call it that, heading towards Concord Trailways's Shops. It's lashed up with a flatcar full of ties, and the 503

by b&m 1566

Well I was at the Hobo Railroad on Saturday 7/22 and it was no ware to be seen. Saw the 566 sitting out at the beginning of the house track and behind it was two bud cars. They did some switching since the last time I was there at the end of May... The two old bud cars were no where to be seen and the 566 was near the engine house. I though for sure they would have been working on the 566 by now, unless they already did.

by GP40MC 1116

b&m 1566 wrote:Well I was at the Hobo Railroad on Saturday 7/22 and it was no ware to be seen. Saw the 566 sitting out at the beginning of the house track and behind it was two bud cars. They did some switching since the last time I was there at the end of May... The two old bud cars were no where to be seen and the 566 was near the engine house. I though for sure they would have been working on the 566 by now, unless they already did.
Last I physically saw it was on July 8th a few days after it got to Concord, Word from some people I know it may move this week or sometime Really soon, so we will see. (Get yoou pictures now) It's been moved to the siding near Concord Tralways Shop lashed up the flatcar w the ties and the 503

by GP40MC 1116

Just a update as far as I know of 7/29/06

The NEGS has dumped stone at the Washout location, but need to tamp and surface the line. Work still needs to be done on the stone arch culvert, but will not impact the track. It is however looking alot better and progress is being made. Last i knew Ex MBTA 1921 is still sitting on the team track next to Concord Trailways with it's buddy the NEGS 503 and a flatcar

Here is a shot from NERAIL

http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... y=wintrain

by GP40MC 1116

UPDATE 8/4/06:

Report from trusted people (hehe)

The ex MBTA 1921 was moved today (Friday) first by New England Southern Railroad based out of Concord, not sure exactly, but i think some cars were delivered to Quinn T in Tilton on the way. The 1921 was delievered to the Plymouth and Lincoln/NEGS interchange. The Winnipesaukee Railroad will be picking it up after opperations end for the day with a ALCO and moving it to Merdeth, NH where it wil be for a bit until the Hobo can arrage for it to be picked up and brought to Lincoln