• B&M Snow Train to North Conway

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by henryd

Hello Folks!
I am new to the group but had a couple of questions about the New England Railfan Org. I use to take the "Snow Train" about 35 years ago which ran I believe in February. It ran once a year from South Station to North Conway, NH. I am proud to say that I took the trip on its very last run.

At that time, the org was run by Rolland Blodgett and his lovely daughter Susan in which I use to be friends with. Mr. Blodgett met an untimely death in a car accident. Does anyone know what happened to the rest of the family?

Best Regards!

Henry-

by Noel Weaver

I do not know what happened to the rest of Rollie Blodgett's family but I
was on that last trip to North Conway in 1972.
We had the 1751 and a GP-9 towing a lot of Budd Cars through a lot of
snow on the Conway Branch, it was a wonderful day though.
Noel Weaver

by b&m 1566

The train left from South Station? I always thought it started at North Station.

by Steam

The Snow Trains left for N. Conway from North Station.

Each year was "supposedly" the LAST Snow Train, but next year there always seemed to be another one.

I rode several of them, but missed what turned out to be the REAL final one! Oh, well....

by henryd

You are correct, North Station.........................Did I say South Station? :wink:

Best Regards!

Henry-

by henryd

Noel Weaver wrote:I do not know what happened to the rest of Rollie Blodgett's family but I
was on that last trip to North Conway in 1972.
We had the 1751 and a GP-9 towing a lot of Budd Cars through a lot of
snow on the Conway Branch, it was a wonderful day though.
Noel Weaver
Yes Noel, I was friends of Robert Scot at the time who was a member I think.

Henry-