• Conway Scenic Videos

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by CSRR573

I currently have both videos that the Conway Scenic has put out. I think that the Conway Scenic should put out another video(1996-2004). Does anyone else think they should do it?

by b&m 1566

I never new the CS had videos. Do they sell them at the Station? If they do I must have missed them when I was up there back in June.

by CSRR573

Yes the CS has 2 videos the firts 20 years and the legend returns. I think they cost around 20 bucks. Ther're really nice! They are near the desk in the gift shop just in case you want to buy them.

by b&m 1566

I'm going to be back up there in September to ride the Notch Train during foliage. Maybe I'll get them when I'm there, or could I buy it over the phone and have it shipped to me?

Also a little of topic does anyone know where I can get 2 videos made buy Stanley Y. Whitney who video taped two volumes of all the train action in the Notch and the North Conway area. I have is other videos about the Boston and Maine call Boston & Maine in the 4 seasons both volumes one and two. They are great videos of the B&M from 1946 - 1951. Showing the Flying Yankee the new E7 engines and the last steam engines to run on the B&M the Pacifics and Moguls. I could go on, but I think you get the point.

by NHN503

The Mountain Division one is great.

Anyone know the titles of any of the songs from the musical score?

by CSX Conductor

According to the CSRR web-site there are three videos available. They can be purchased by using an order form which is available by clicking here. :wink:

by b&m 1566

I bought the two videos this past weekend. Unfortunately the first video freezes up on me half way though (I wish I bought the video rather than the DVD) so I haven't been able to finish watching that one. I'm trying to get a hold of the CSRR to see what can be done. However I was able to watch the 2nd video and the one thing that got my attention was the Y at Bartlett. On the inaugural run to Bartlett the 4266 was shown on the Y. I never new they had used the Y to turn the engines around. Though with the 573 the Y isn't needed but it would be nice if they kept it clear of brush so they could turn the F units around like they did in the beginning almost 12 years ago now. WOW time flies!!!