• Looking for decals in HO or S scale

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

by N. Todd

Does anybody make HO or S scale decals for the blue and grey L&HR livery, or is their a diagram availible for paint placement? And what type/brand of paint did L&HR use for the grey and blue?
  by Marty Feldner

N. Todd wrote:Does anybody make HO or S scale decals for the blue and grey L&HR livery, or is their a diagram availible for paint placement? And what type/brand of paint did L&HR use for the grey and blue?
The blue & grey scheme was only used on the C-420's, #21-29. Herald King (Miller Advertising) did a set of HO decals years ago, but the company has been out of business for several years. They do occasionally show up on Ebay (nice set, too- screen printed, thinfilm). I've used a few, still have one or two left in the folder.

As for type/brand of paint, they came delivered in that scheme, from ALCO- and the L&HR never repainted any of them. I've used the old Floquil Reefer Grey and B&M blue- it seems like a good match to the paint job when new (and the colors of the decals).

HTH...
  by jmchitvt

Check out mgdecals.com (Highball Graphics) for their set L-150 for the L&H C-420.

They post a color diagram and note GN Big Sky Blue as "their"
idea of the blue.

However, I do agree with Marty that the BM blue is closer to actual as I rememeber it on the first few units I saw before moving on.

Joseph

by N. Todd

Marty, Joseph, thanks for the help.
One other thing, would you happen to know what type of horn was used on the 420's? I can't quite make it out.