Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by Tadman

As CSS always noted 1908 as the start of true SB-Chicago service, the 100 year anniversary is coming up. I've changed the mission of the Yahoo! Group I run toward celebrating 100 years of CSS. It's probably going to be an internet celebration, as the actuall freight and passenger railroads are very busy and probably don't want a bunch of semi-reliable clunker coaches and foamers stumbling around the property. Let's contribute some ideas so when 2008 arrives it's a special year for everybody, not just us railfans.

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/SouthShoreLine/

by PRRGuy

What about some sort of 100 year bumper sticker or something? One of the guys here was trying to get NICTD to make a 100 year anniversary coin but I don't think they're buying into it. It did look interesting though, it had a front of a little joe and a passenger car on one side and other side had a front end of a GP-38-2 and a Nictd car front end.

1908-2008
(Little Joe) 100 Years ( Orange car)

NICTD
( Nictd Car) 100 Years ( CSS GP-38-2)
South Shore Freight