• Deer Park Tanger?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by krispy

Snoozeday had an article about all of the projects going on in the Commack Rd. corridor, and they had a nice aerial photo in the middle of the main section of today's paper (30 Apr 06). One thing that caught my eye was the proposed Tanger Outlet Center, and it looks as if it will be in the existing Southern Container facility. Is that correct, one of the few manufacturing places on LI that takes rail freight is on the chopping block for another mall?

Also visible is the proposed rail transfer facility, using the old siding that ran into Pilgrim. Has there been any news of that actually occurring?

Thanks in advance...

by RPM2Night

So if they close that down in favor of another mall that means more traffic. Wonderful :)

by jayrmli

It's west of Southern Container. NYAR service isn't affected by this.

Jay

by Long Island 7285

they may not be, but the SM is! and local roads.

PS why not build the branch from pilgrim to between northport and kings park. run loop passsenger service. that would be a real great connection to have. the tracks can parell the Sunken Meadow. :-D

by M1 9147

Rich neighborhoods like the Commack area would complain, Joe. I work in the area, and I know the type.