• Favorite Railroads & Locomotives

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

by silverliner266

1.The East Broad Top, Septa (not the way its run), Amtrak, New hope and Ivyland

2.ANYTHING Steam, The accela train sets, RS3s.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

CSX ES44DC
CSX SD70ACe
CSX SD70MAC
Acela Express loco's
HHP-8 loco
F40PH-2C

by LIRRMEDFORD

My favorite rail is the Long Island RailRoad by far and of course my favorite is the M-3

by justinking

Favorite railroad of all Time: Western Maryland, favorite power was BL2 #82 (The first model I ever got), one of my youngest memories was seeing the unit at the B&O museum in Baltimore. I also like any early WM diesel power.

As far as current roads, I really don't know which I like best, and I'm not to keen on super modern power, I like Gen 1 and some 2 stiff the best.

by QR National

1) Santa Fe
1) Southern Pacific
1) St Louis South Western
2) Conrail
3) Union Pacific (post 2000)
4) Norfolk Southern
5) Erie Lackamoney

Australia: (where im from)

1) Freight Australia
2) Australian Railroad Group
3) Queensland Rail
4) National Rail Corporation

by German Railways

Fallen Flags:

ATSF
SP
BN
B&O
ConRail

Contemporary:

BNSF
UP
CP Rail
NS

Local (from Europe):

German Railways
Austrian Federal Railways
SNCF (French State Railways), particularily their TGV highspeed trains

by stevo

LIRRMEDFORD wrote:My favorite rail is the Long Island RailRoad by far and of course my favorite is the M-3
oh yes, i love the lirr too...i got my first cab ride on the oyster bay line.
i like trolley lines too, sadly there aren't many left. my favorite ones would be the nashua street railway and the nashua-manchester street railway.

by AmtrakPhill629

I like Amtrak, LIRR, VRE. I like the DE/DM30AC's F40PH's AEM7's, P42's

by Conrail1990

1. Norfolk Southern
2. the fallen flag conrail
3. CSX
4. BNSF

My favorite locomotive would be
1.ES44DC
2.SD40-2
3. DASH 9

by stevo

stevo wrote:
LIRRMEDFORD wrote:My favorite rail is the Long Island RailRoad by far and of course my favorite is the M-3
oh yes, i love the lirr too...i got my first cab ride on the oyster bay line.
i like trolley lines too, sadly there aren't many left. my favorite ones would be the nashua street railway and the nashua-manchester street railway.
update!

railroads:
BNSF
UP
LIRR
Amtrak

trolley lines:
Nashua-Manchester Street Railway
Connecticut Company

locomotives:
AMD-103
basically the freight ones UP and BNSF have idk what they're called

by thomas81z

my favorite railroads are Boston & Maine , Nickle plate. My favorite locomotive is the 2-8-4 Nickle Plate berkshire. :P by this way this is thomas81z son, chris and im 12 yrs old... :P hello everybody

by 35dtmrs92

Personally, I think the Ferrovia dello Stato (FS) of Italy has some really neat equipment, like the E656 Caimano, and very reliable service for reasonable prices.
  by #7470

I'm more of a preservation RR enthusiest. My favorite RR is definately the Conway Scenic Railroad. My favorite locomotives are the CN 7470 steam locomotive, the 501 steamer, 573 GP-7, and the Alco S4 #1055, all from the Conway Scenic.

by alex45

Acela unit 2036, I have ridden that train many times with the unit pulling and 2017 behind. Ive also seen this acela train set almost everytime ive gone railfanning. :)