• New Member...Modeling the Bush

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by Track 8

Hello all,
Brand new here. Ive been reading all the posts and learning loads of info from you guys and thought, there would be no better place for help then here. Im modeling the Bushwick in N scale from Fresh Pond. I eventually plan on expanding out west of Fresh Pond to LIC but one step at a time. I printed out and layed out the entire line from google earth and i have all the track charts from trainsarefun. Im hoping you guys can give me some insight with some questions....any help would be great. I am a perfectionist and I want everything to be exact (without the hookers and drug addicts).....
1. Currently, how many industries are served. i just want to make sure before i lay the final trackwork
2. I have the track charts of Bushwick Term. but google earth isnt letting me get close enough to get the exact arrangement of tracks. i think i have it pretty much to what is there but i just want to make sure.

Any input would be great....and i will upload with pictures soon and keep u guys up to date with the progress.
Thanks again

by BMT

Well, I'm no expert, but if you plan to do a REALISTIC N gauge layout of the Bush, you will need lots of time and effort to make appropriately scaled crack addicts, abandoned cars, "ladies of the evening", trash and assorted four-legged vermin. But, on the bright side there are many scale model manufacturers of industrial-type buildings and it is relatively simple to make trackage look under-used and in bad shape.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist the temptation. :wink:

Perhaps knife-switch can give you more detailed information on the Bush.

by phantom

Talk to our resident experts - the new, but not necessarily improved, RS-90 gerbil hunters! AKA - The Bushmen