• LIRR DE/DM30AC

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

by LIRRMEDFORD

I bileve Lirr168 is working on that

by LIRRMEDFORD

Oh one more question is that shot of it going in reverse sence it looks like there is one passing to the right

by Lirr168

Aight, going to kill all the birds with one stone here:

NJRail,

I recently lost my MSTS directory due to a bad download (note to all: BE CAREFUL!!) but I have been working on creating a DE30 for sometime. Thus far, the best I have done is applying actual photos I took of a DE30 to a Genesis model. I theoretically have the resources to make an brand spanking new DE30 model, but I simply to do not have that kind of time at this point, perhaps over the summer.

MEDFORD,

That picture was taken at or near MS interlocking, which allows trains to pass each other on the otherwise single track Montauk Branch.

-Kyle

by benltrain

there is one, a remake of a P42 model, but it is not perfect. i can't locate it right now, sorry.

by Lirr168

benltrain wrote:there is one, a remake of a P42 model, but it is not perfect. i can't locate it right now, sorry.
That would be mine as well. It does not look all that great as a lead locomotive, but works nicely trailing behind a C-3 cabcar that I made. Again, I don't have my files, but if anyone does, please be generous in providing them to other members of the forum. Thanks.

-Kyle

by benltrain

Lirr168 wrote:
benltrain wrote:there is one, a remake of a P42 model, but it is not perfect. i can't locate it right now, sorry.
That would be mine as well. It does not look all that great as a lead locomotive, but works nicely trailing behind a C-3 cabcar that I made. Again, I don't have my files, but if anyone does, please be generous in providing them to other members of the forum. Thanks.

-Kyle
i can't get the c-3 cabview to work by the way

by Lirr168

benltrain wrote:i can't get the c-3 cabview to work by the way
Yea, I figured that might happen...I only make the trains, my brother hosts them on his server and he messed everything up, I think several of those files have problems. I did however create a much more realistic cabview a few weeks ago that I did not place in the MSTS directory and thus still have, so as soon as I reinstall MSTS (should be within a month or so) I will revamp the website and update the files. I also have a plan for a better skin of the C-3, so you have that to look forward to.

by gerr

What C-3 are you guys talking about? I seen one at Train sim.com along time ago, but havent seen it a gain.

by Lirr168

gerr wrote:What C-3 are you guys talking about? I seen one at Train sim.com along time ago, but havent seen it a gain.
C-3 cabcar/coach that is used with DE/DM30. On train-sim.com there is an old version of my C-1 bundled with the FL9AC, it is for all intents and purposes the same thing as the C-3 for MSTS. The one benltrain has was on my website for a while but I took it down in favor of an Alco C420 and also because I was not happy with the DE, and what good is a cabcar without a locomotive?

by gerr

Lirr168 wrote:
gerr wrote:What C-3 are you guys talking about? I seen one at Train sim.com along time ago, but havent seen it a gain.
C-3 cabcar/coach that is used with DE/DM30. On train-sim.com there is an old version of my C-1 bundled with the FL9AC, it is for all intents and purposes the same thing as the C-3 for MSTS. The one benltrain has was on my website for a while but I took it down in favor of an Alco C420 and also because I was not happy with the DE, and what good is a cabcar without a locomotive?
True. :wink: