• Jersey Central Varnish

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

by CarterB

New place to post recollections/questions about CRRNJ passenger operations and trains.

by 56-57

Howdy. I was wondering if anyone out there had any info on the whereabouts of any 1200 series coaches. I know Conrail had one or two still in blue and yellow, for MOW into the late 90's. Also, a few could be in AZ on the Grand Canyon RR. Other than that, I dunno.

Mike

by BlockLine_4111

I have pic of the Monmouth II coach and a hotboxed Blue Comet #1172 being dragged from E-Port to Mahwah during the mid-80s.

by Rich T

A clerestory roof car was in service on the Santa Fe Southern mixed train several years ago.