• Ford to Framingham, MA?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by roberttosh

Am hearing that Ford is moving their Auto unloading site from ST's Ayer, MA ramp to CSXT's Framingham ramp. Anyone else heard this yet? Will be quite a blow to the ST if it's true.

by CSX Conductor

Yes Robert that RUMOR has been around for the last few months, but it is only a rumor thus far. Nobody higher-up is saying anything yet. :wink:

by roberttosh

I know this has been a rumor for a while, but I heard it's a done deal now and that Ford will be in Framingham sometime in March. We'kk have to wait and see I guess?

by CSX Conductor

As mentioned over on the Guilford forum, CSXT will be handling Ford at the CP Yard in Framingham/Holliston effective March 1,2006. They supposedly signed a ten year lease. :-)

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

thats great news, how much traffic do you think Framingham will get now? will trains Q274 go to Framingham now and will Q264 have cars to framingham, instead of going lite all the time to Nevins

by CSX Conductor

The most sensible thing will be for Q264 to remain as is and drop cars at East Crookfield and go lite to Framingham and have Q274 simply re-routed to the CP Yard as opposed to going up to Ayer on the B&M. The same should apply to the westbounds (Q283 & Q293).

by johnpbarlow

What time of day would Q274 arrive in Framingham? Its schedule into Ayer seemed kind of variable in the past but that may have been a function of GRS crew availbility.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Q274 arrives to worcester to go up to Ayer in the morning, late morning, depending on things go on the B&A

Q264 usually arrives to FRmaingham power lite late morning or early afternoon on good days

by CSX Conductor

Q274's arrival to Ayer was often unpredictable because of a lack of CSXT crews who were qualified to Ayer. For the most part Selkirk crews are only qualified to Burncoat Street, and the Q274 is assigned to Selkirk crews usually. As I mentioned before I am not certain what changes are going to take place yet.