• Rail security

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by SubwaySurface

Life comes with risk. I'm certainly not quaking in my shoes over an overexagerated terroristic threat. This ongoing, neverending threat of terrorism causes more terror than anything. I, and many others, see these policies for what they're worth.

by RDGAndrew

Rode the Long Island Rail Road back in January and they had posters up saying "If you see something, say something." To me, that's where the real security will come from, not from bogus airline-style screenings or random ID checks and certainly not from clamping down on photography. Those of us who railfan know when something looks out of place. Maybe some of us have the numbers for CSX police or NS police in our phones just in case we spot something funny (pre-terrorism days, this could mean a trespasser or debris on the track, shifted lading, etc). It will be up to the general public to keep an eye out, and the transit agencies and railroads should realize that the majority of camera-toting "foamers" would be espcially likely to notice and report something suspicious. And the true purpose of the SEPTA detector was really lame but does not surprise me at all.

by Umblehoon

And the true purpose of the SEPTA detector was really lame but does not surprise me at all.
You must admit it was very clever, though. People have been looking for ways to "beat the boss" for years, and that guy came up with a pretty darn good one!