• "THE ERIE LIMITED" AMTRAK Excursion Hoboken-Bingo

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by oibu

Ok, first of all I don't see anything about this on that "ticket web" site and no mention of who is actually sponsoring the trip which seems pretty sketchy. Any "event" that cannot be traced to a sponsor and for which tickets are ONLY available through a third party and no mention is made of someone who is actually running the show, seems at best odd and at worst, a scam. Secondly, the info on what it actually is is pretty shaky here. For example, if I rode I'd only be interested in a Port-Bingo RT- can that be done and how much??

Also, 25 mph on the Tier is totally BS except for a few curves and bridges. Line is actually in better shape now than it has been since probably EL days thanks to all the work done in Conrail's last few years and under NS ("off the record" I've paced trains in places east of Binghamton doing right about 50 mph since NS took over - no I will NOT mention what trains, when, or where because I do not know for sure if timetable speeds at those locations were/are actually that high). But certainly 35-40 is the timetable speed for the majority of the line excluding short stretches of speed restrictions as mentioned and possibly a few streches of 45-50.

by Otto Vondrak

All future questions and comments should be directed to Don. Thank You.

-otto-