• The CHESSIE and the SEABOARD (tugs)

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by PCook

Has anyone caught up with the former Chessie System tugs CHESSIE and SEABOARD lately. These were the last tugs built for a US railroad. They were sold to McAllister Brothers Towing about three years after they were built. I understand one is still in the Norfolk / Newport News area and the other is working in Philadelphia.

by kevikens

How would I be able to determine if a McCallister tug was originally a Chessie RR tug ? I have taken photos of Philly's tugboats and might have photographed it.

by PCook

My recollection is that when McAllister Brothers Towing first purchased them from CSX, they were named the "Brent McAllister" and the "Nancy McAllister". Somewhere along the line one of them got renamed the "G.M. McAllister". So any shots of tugs with one of these three names would be the former Chessie System boats.