• Kenmore Status

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by iandavid

From the bus thread:
AznSumtinSumtin wrote:Any updates on the Kenmore busway?
It's still a long way off from completion.

Right now they're still building the elevators that will run between the fare collection area and the platforms. For the past few months, the western part of the inbound platform has been blocked off for construction, and they tore out the inbound escalator and put in what looks like a temporary stairwell, which I assume will only be in place for the duration of the construction. Just this week I noticed that the outbound platform is also closed off to the west of the stairwell/escalator, so they may be doing the same thing on that side.

On the surface, the busway site is still a big open pit, and I'm guessing it will remain that way until the elevators are completed, the escalators are replaced, and the expansion of the fare collection area is completed. It will probably be at least 6 months to a year before we start to see the busway materialize.

by AznSumtinSumtin

Thanks for the update. I should have know that it would still take another half year or so since it is an MBTA station. I hope it is done before I graduate college. Anyone got any drawings or something on what the new busway will look like?

by iandavid

I actually started this thread a while back with the same question, and ckb was courteous enough to reply with this link.

by CS

I hate to bring the bad news, but I can't let this thread continue. For one, it is about a busway and buses are a no no outside of the "Official Bus Thread" and granted that Otto has publically said on many occasions that he would like to see less bus discussion here, I'm going to have to kill this thread. Sorry guys, take it back to the Bus Thread.

:(

by Otto Vondrak

Haha-don't blame ME for this one, CS.

Thanks for keeping the bus discussion in The Bus Thread.

-otto-