Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by metra 613

Hello everone, Well at least one F40C made it in a movie. 603 is in No Mercy. It looks like it is at one of the crossings after Canel Steet. This is the 1st movie I have seen with a F40C in it, good thing for Tivo. The movie was made in 1986.

by MetraF40C607

Good find. Yay, 603 is famous. :-D

by metra 613

Yea, About time i find a F40c in a movie :-D

by MikeF

If the movie was made in 1986, 603 must have been in fresh, brand-new Metra paint. I'll have to check it out.

by metra 613

Hey Guys. Did u see the new movie thats coming out Nov 11 called derailed.It has alot of metra stuff in it,

http://www.weinsteinco.com/derailed/

by byte

After looking at the trailer, it also looks like we're going to have a good time tearing it apart because of all the technical errors.

by Scotty Burkhardt

ohhh.....a biography of 409???

by F40CFan

Scotty Burkhardt wrote:ohhh.....a biography of 409???
Good One!!!

by AMTK84

At times like this I am thankful that I can't see.

by Joe

Oh boy oh boy. Too bad they had to throw in some lame plotline with the trains. I love how the outside of the train has two levels and the inside only has one!

I think they were shooting some of this movie in Riverside last Spring. MP36 is in it...but not 409!

by AmtrakFan

I don't want a Biography on 409!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by MikeF

Chill out. The film is not about 409. It's not even about a derailment. It looks to be a cheesy love story about two people who meet on a train.

by AmtrakFan

MikeF wrote:Chill out. The film is not about 409. It's not even about a derailment. It looks to be a cheesy love story about two people who meet on a train.
Oh Sorry Mike someone suggested that as the next film maybe they should do a Biography on the F40C's. :-D

by AmtrakFan

Went down to CUS Today and they were filiming derailed with an E5.

by byte

That's not derailed. That's another movie, I can't remember the name offhand but it's directed by Clint Eastwood and takes place around WW2 (I think).