• Green Line relocation project status

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Silverliner II

Hmmm....you mean there is actually a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak?

I have to laugh....a major transit construction project that began AFTER the Big Dig got started, and finishes BEFORE the Big Dig does....On the other hand....if the Schuylkill Valley Metro gets built here before the Big Dig is finished, then THAT would be shocking!

:-D

by octr202

Silverliner II wrote:Hmmm....you mean there is actually a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak?

I have to laugh....a major transit construction project that began AFTER the Big Dig got started, and finishes BEFORE the Big Dig does....On the other hand....if the Schuylkill Valley Metro gets built here before the Big Dig is finished, then THAT would be shocking!

You mean, if SEPTA can decide on a mode for the Schuylkill Valley Metro before the Big Dig is finished, right? :wink:

The frightening thing, though, is that the North Station project was a lot smaller in scale than the Big Dig (even including the Superstation, the tunnel under the FleetCenter, err, TD BankNorth Garden (TDBNG?) and the incline), but still took almost as long, considering the tunnel work was done when the FleetCenter went in .

by Silverliner II

octr202 wrote:
Silverliner II wrote:Hmmm....you mean there is actually a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak?

You mean, if SEPTA can decide on a mode for the Schuylkill Valley Metro before the Big Dig is finished, right? :wink:

The frightening thing, though, is that the North Station project was a lot smaller in scale than the Big Dig (even including the Superstation, the tunnel under the FleetCenter, err, TD BankNorth Garden (TDBNG?) and the incline), but still took almost as long, considering the tunnel work was done when the FleetCenter went in .
LOL...yeah, I forgot, we're figuring 20 years to decide on a MODE for SVM! :-D

And it will always be North Station and the Fleet Center to me.....sheesh, TDBNG takes forever to say....

by octr202

Silverliner II wrote:
octr202 wrote:

LOL...yeah, I forgot, we're figuring 20 years to decide on a MODE for SVM! :-D

And it will always be North Station and the Fleet Center to me.....sheesh, TDBNG takes forever to say....
Thankfully no one's calling it the TDBNG...most people seem to be adapting well to calling it the Garden again, but people like me who moved here after it was built keep slipping up.

by CS

Yeah, the Garden was a little before my time and when it existed, the teams sucked so I don't really remember it (the teams there still do suck :-D )

But back on topic, I rode the Lechmere shuttle a couple of days ago and everything looks all connected. It looks like they are just performing track work and improvements at Science Park. Otherwise, what's the hold up?!!