Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by MNCW

njt/mnrrbuff,
Sorry you won't be at the Open House. In another life (long ago) I graduated from Mercy.

Tom

by M1 9147

I've been there every year since '01, and equipment does vary there. Yes, I'd like to see if MN will have leased CDOT Amtrak engines there. Chances of an FL9 will be slim, but don't doubt it since there are still a few including the ones that will be used for the farewell trip next Sunday. As far as the Starships, the 2043 I believe is still used for yard related stuff, but the others, are bye, bye including the LIRR's 3. I surely miss them here pulling the C1's. Wished those were still running here. My pic under my name shows the original NH 2000 as LIRR 301.

by Terminal Proceed

I will be going as well. Maybe I will get the opportunity to meet some of our forum posters.

kevin

by oddball

ill be there too....probaly find me wearing a black jacket w/ the word lowrider written across it.. :-) so are any of the FL9ACs still at least partially there? or have they all been completely cut up..

by LIRailfan79

can someone please give me better directions than whats on the MN website. i am coming from Long Island and wil be taking I-95 north to I-287 west. what do i do after i am on 287 going west (towards the tappan zee bridge).

by RailBus63

I would recommend using MSN Maps or MapQuest to get directions - use 'Croton Point Ave, Croton-on-Hudson, NY 10520' as the destination.

Jim
  by DAC

Can someone give me the time of the Open House?

Also directions from I84 coming from New Haven via I84 thru

Danbury.

Thanks

by Terminal Proceed

Open house starts at 10 AM - use mapquest for directions - check the posting above for info.
  by Overtime

If you come West on 84 get off the Exit For Rt 9 and head towards Peekskill. Croton is South of Peekskill and the shop /train station is located just off Rt. 9. This is the general way to get there. I do advise people to check any website that offers directions to get more detailed directions such as exit numbers and road names

by bellstbarn

Many thanksto the entire staff of Metro-North for putting on a great show at Harmon shops today. I toured the exhibits three times, asking questions and listening to the general give-and-take. It's obvious that the staffers there are interested in their jobs and know their stuff. We visitors got the red-carpet treatment.
An added attraction was clean windows on the Bombardier cars I rode to/from Grand Central.

by DAC

Gentlemen:

I posted my reply regarding the open house under FL9s.

The show was great. MTA employees are great, Very

friendly to the general public about any questions asked.

by njtmnrrbuff

Sorry I wasn't there. I'm happy to hear that it went along well. I wish NJT would arrange something like that. I give credit to all the MN employees. I will make up my hours for not being here by going on the cab unit excursion.

by The RailMan

I also give my thanks to MN for their efforts to put on this show every year. I've been going for several years now, and never miss it and each year it keeps my interest. I took the drive up rather than leaving the car at the station, I went on mapquest and they gave me directions up the Taconic, which I believe is a much quicker run than all the way up Route 9 that MN says on their site is the way to go.

I liked how they had the diesels set up with the F10, NH PaintedFL9 and NYC Painted FL9 and the two GP units. I also enjoyed the diesel engine up on display, I was poking around with my camera to show my mechanic friends.

I hope to have the pictures developed tomorrow and I'll get them into the computer somehow

by oddball

great open house, my first time and hopefully not my last! one question, anyone have any info about a pair of ancient looking lackawanna mu's? i saw them when i went on the foliage ride by the spvs on deadline. they were green and had overhead catenary...i know theres a better word for that but my minds blank after 4 hours of sleep and a full day awake!

by mountie17

It was very good, espiecially the trip up to CP-48, but it did seem to be scaled down from previous years, not that i'm complaining, though. What was a surprise was seeing a good amount of FL9's and even a F10, although the latter was parked on the south side looking directly into the sun. A BIG thanks from me goes out to the crew of the fall foliage trip for being extremely friendly. Hopefully the Open House will continue for years to come. :-)