Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by bones

I was AMTK84's source. I did not get any info "from the top".
My info came "from my eyes". I worked Sunday night and saw 422 with 5 cars go to Blue Island. This will be tommorow's re-inactment train. Whether or not 422 stays on the Rock after the test has yet to be seen.

For those of you wondering why 422. Simple. On Sunday an extra crew went to Western Ave. to get 10 cars and an engine. 5 cars to replace what got broke on Saturday, and 5 cars for the NTSB extra. 422 just happened to be sleeping at Western Ave. over the weekend.

by Amtrak31

Thanks for the info, Bones.

by AmtrakFan

Test is now pushed back to Tuesday.

by MikeF

AmtrakFan wrote:Test is now pushed back to Tuesday.
Wasn't that today?

by metraRI

The NTSB did run the test today, on CBS2 they reported all signals worked properly. Metra also replaced the track using the new bridge at 47th Street instead of making it straight via the old bridge.

by AmtrakFan

MikeF wrote:
AmtrakFan wrote:Test is now pushed back to Tuesday.
Wasn't that today?
Sorry Mike. My Brian isn't working for some reason :(

by MikeF

AmtrakFan wrote:My Brian isn't working for some reason
That's OK, my George isn't working either. :P

by c604.

"That's OK, my George isn't working either"

You know they do sell male enhancement pills that have helped a lot of men with that condition :wink:

by MikeF

Haha, I knew I was going to get myself in trouble one way or another with that one. :-)

by AmtrakFan

Has 422 gone home?

by bones

I ran 422 Friday night.

by AmtrakFan

bones wrote:I ran 422 Friday night.
Apperntly they are using the old dart board again.

by bones

Not in this case. A week ago Sunday they needed an engine right now. It just so happened that 422 was sitting off duty at Western Ave. So that was the one thay took. When you need an engine right now, you're not going to go out of your way to find 411 or 413. You take what is readily available.