• SAT 9/24 NEC/NJCL Service Disruption

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by mannynews

All service into/out of NYP from the South has been disrupted.

AMTRAK customer service advises that a beam being removed during scheduled work between UNION and ELMORA fell onto the overhead lines...the power has been shut off as they attempt to remove it. No ETA on how long before restoration.

by nick11a

Great, there goes my plans. :-D

by Ken S.

njtransit.com wrote:NJT rail tickets honored on NJT bus svc due to NEC & NJCL svc suspension. Rail tix also honored on PATH b/t Nwk and 33rd St - but be advised no NEC and NJCL svc from Nwk. Academy honoring rail tix.

Suburban bus will honor NJT rail tickets from New Brunswick, Princeton and East Brunswick to New York due to NEC rail service disruption.
So Nick has to take the bus. :-D
Nitpick #1: PATH between NWK and 33rd St. requires a change at JSQ.
Nitpick #2: NJ108 bus between NWK and PABT runs hourly as does service from Broad St. to NYP unless that's out too.

by nick11a

Ken S. wrote:
njtransit.com wrote:NJT rail tickets honored on NJT bus svc due to NEC & NJCL svc suspension. Rail tix also honored on PATH b/t Nwk and 33rd St - but be advised no NEC and NJCL svc from Nwk. Academy honoring rail tix.

Suburban bus will honor NJT rail tickets from New Brunswick, Princeton and East Brunswick to New York due to NEC rail service disruption.
So Nick has to take the bus. :-D
Nitpick #1: PATH between NWK and 33rd St. requires a change at JSQ.
Nitpick #2: NJ108 bus between NWK and PABT runs hourly as does service from Broad St. to NYP unless that's out too.
Yeah, I saw that. But when your plan is to take a train for the purpose of taking a train, taking a bus just falls way short. :-)

by Ken S.

nick11a wrote:Yeah, I saw that. But when your plan is to take a train for the purpose of taking a train, taking a bus just falls way short. :-)
Then I have some good news.
njtransit.com wrote:Northeast Corridor and North Jersey Coast line train service has resumed as of 10am. Trains will operate with minor delays.

by andy

Another problem with the PATH was they were doing track work this weekend. Anything passing/starting/ending at Journal Square was operating on 20 minute headways (through Sunday). - Journal Square-33rd; Newark to WTC.

by Steve F45

man im glad friday morning was my last night working with NJT.

by TAMR213

Were fine at 2 and 7. From Edison to PJ and from PJ to NB.

by nick11a

Well, rode the 11:01 express inbound from New Brunswick. They were operating only a little late. After we passed Elmora, they made an unscheduled stop at Elizabeth and opened the doors and had the crew inspect all pantographs. Following, that, we were only operating about 10 minutes late- until we got to the tunnels.

They had only one track in operation today and between that, all of NJT's traffic and the bottleneck of delayed Amtrak trains, we were held outside of the tunnels for quite a while while many Amtrak trains heading west passed us. I was trying to catch the 12:11 train from New York to Dover and our train pulled in promptly at 12:11 almost 20 minutes late. And I just missed the Dover train.

Oh well, some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you. :-D