• RVL Yesterday into Newark

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by raritan

Anyone know why yesterday's train #5782 came in on track 3 in Newark? Also, we only pulled in about 1/3 of the platform leaving a majority of the train off the platform. There were no trains on track 3 ahead of us and I was curious why the track change and why no go to front of platform.
Thanks.

by nick11a

Probably there was traffic or something on Track 1 or switching over to track 1 may have been difficult due to traffic at both Cliff and Hunter. Or it could be that the control guy just mistakingly put it into three (mistakes do occasionally happen.) I have seen RVL trains pull into on Track 2 though a number of times, but not three as of yet.

by ericware

they were having signal problems at dock. They were sending all traffic yesterday around 6:30pm out of Track 1 and 2 only. Both Directions.

by Ken W2KB

5702 does come in on three from time to time, usually if there is congestion for using 2, 1 or A. I, too, noted that there was nothing ahead, but suspect that was because the train ahead departed just before as the doors on 5702 were being opened