• New Housing Over Harlem Amtrak Tracks

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Jeff Smith

Amtrak hasn't said "yes": Patch

Former Depot?
The project at West 135th Street looks to replace a former train depot with a 60-unit building with two floors hanging over Amtrak tracks.

HARLEM, NY — A proposal to build a residential building next to active Amtrak train tracks in Harlem — with two of the floors partially cantilevered over the rails — has moved forward in the next stage of the rezoning approval process.

Developers under the name Crosscap Holdings LLC are seeking a rezoning approval for 701 West 135th St., where they hope to build a seven story, 60-unit 45,500-square-foot building beneath Riverside Park, directly abutting and over the elevated train line.
  by Railjunkie

I am qualified on that bit of railroad and a bit of a NYCRR buff. I cant place where there was a depot and I cant find my track charts. I do know there is a brick building marked NYCRR in the stone work but I do not think that it had anything to do with passengers. Plus its to far down on the north side pf the elevated section near where the Harlem soccer club.
  by R36 Combine Coach

Streetview: former NYC freight station