• Rockland Branch Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by eustis22

>whalebelly for BML

?
  by Goddraug

The Belfast and Moosehead Lake Railroad is receiving one of the former Dragon Cement whale belly hoppers for display purposes. The rest were/are scrapped.
  by MEC407

That's cool. An interesting piece of Maine railroading history that would've been all too easily forgotten.
  by NHV 669

2310 WB with 8 loaded cement and 1 perlite through Finntown Road in Warren at 09:06.

[Edited at 11:02]

They will have 3 empty cement to pick up in Brunswick.
  by Goddraug

Saw they went westbound today to Brunswick. Did they ever end up picking the cement cars up or is that a tomorrow task?
  by Emmett

I heard a rumor 2309 was moved to rockland yard w/ 2310. From a friend who saw it on FB
  by NHV 669

2310 was EB with one hopper through Finntown Road, Warren at 13:00.
  by Goddraug

Wonder why they just brought one up if they had 3 to grab last week.
  by NHV 669

They probably already grabbed them on last week's run... they may have switched ASA while grabbing this car.
  by Emmett

is 2308 in use currently. ive noticed a trend that #2310 has been running lately. My assumption would be they have a rotation, but i could be wrong.
  by JBlaisdell

NHV 669 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:16 pm 2310 was EB with one hopper through Finntown Road, Warren at 13:00.
They were parked at ASA a little after 8 this morning.
  by Goddraug

So maybe they did switch ASA after all today (or yesterday).
  by Goddraug

Anyone have any updates on the line during this April snowstorm? It’s a coastal route and I’m not sure how well the seaside areas of Maine are faring, especially after the storms earlier this year.
  by NHV 669

2310 was WB with 8 hoppers at 09:19 through Finntown Road in Warren.

[Edited at 12:03]

They have 6 cement empties coming from L077 to take east.