• Derailment with tank cars on their sides near Tremley Point in Linden

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by RFRailFan

Some pics from WCBS TV. Can't tell if they were coming off or on to the Chem Coast.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by MACTRAXX

JS and Everyone: This derailment of these three tank cars looks to be one of those "Oh $#!+" moments
(reaction from the train crew)...Were these loads or empties?

Most likely this was at a low speed even though this tore up the track and car trucks/axles substantially...
No real harm done and nothing leaked out (if they were loaded-will any contents be transferred to other
tank cars or even trucks?) to deal with - just rerailing and track restoration work for the repair crews...
The best outcome was that no one was hurt in this incident - hazmat responders are on standby...
MACTRAXX
Last edited by MACTRAXX on Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by Bracdude181

From what I've heard they were pulling out of Phillips 66 when it happened. Was up in the area and got some pictures.

Check out the power this train had too.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

by RFRailFan

I heard a few times now the South Jersey Dispatcher tell trains to use caution going through the derailment site. Is there a new derailment or perhaps crews are still working on the Chemical Coast incident?
  by Bracdude181

Went by earlier today. They appeared to be completely replacing the track between the crossing and the switch on the Phillps 66 siding...

by Bracdude181

I was right. Completely replaced between the derail and just after the crossing. Havent seen a diamond stop sign before.

The CSX Georgia Road Emblem unit was there with one of their Dash 8 rebuilds. ImageImageImageImage