• Surviving equipment

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by arthur d.

There's an old thread in here , " Surviving B&M equipment" or some such title, that would be a good start. Bob, whose last name I can never spell, of Bobs Photo fame did a couple of picture books with rosters, but I don't. remember if he listed dispositions. And finally, the B&MRRHS has published several stories / rosters over the years in their magazine " B&M bulletin". You might try them for copies.
  by Jeff Smith

Naugatuck Railroad GP9 1732 former B&M
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by arthur d.

Thanks for adding that and reminding me , is there another car nearby? I was cruising around up there more than a few years ago and remember seeing what I thought was a six axle heavy. Maybe this is that car and a case of foggy memory on this end,
Last edited by MEC407 on Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
  by arthur d.

Someone with way too much free time should go through this thread and create a condensed list of the survivors.
  by Jeff Smith

I’ll do one but don’t expect it right away lol.
  by hillsboyro

You're the man Jeff!!
  by arthur d.

Jeff Smith wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:00 am I’ll do one but don’t expect it right away lol.
I'll say the same. I Could go through one page at a time as time permits and boil things down to just a list of survivors. Might free up some server space. As you say though, not right away.
  by arthur d.

May as well add the Waterville wreck train since CSX has donated it:
200 ton crane, B&M. 3365, Industrial Brownhoist 1929
Flat car B&M 524
Tool and cable car MeC 546
Cable storage car MeC. 545
Crew car. B&M 309
  by jwhite07

Another to add to the list - in December 2023, CSX donated MEC Russell snow plow #82 to Downeast Scenic Railroad. It was moved over road from Northern Maine Junction to Washington Junction for preservation.