• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

A friend tells me that tracks unlimited started moving their machines off the South Wye Leg this afternoon?

First use tomorrow?

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

by Bracdude181

They ran on the South Wye Leg, did a small ceremony then shoved to Extexh to deliver a car this morning.

Will deliver to Woodhaven when they finish with up here.

by CharlieL

So, 18 months plus 1 trip from when they took over to completion and use, consisting 5 miles of rebuild and construction of a new leg, to say nothing of a great deal of refurb south of Farmingdale (tie replacement, ballast, crossings). Less than a year for Freehold-Farmingdale rebuild. Not too shabby. And it all looks first-class. Well done.
  by HazzanDan

So today is a great and historic day. Let's all celebrate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  by pdtrains

even with the south leg of the wye in, are they still running pull-pull, to avoid hacing to run around in Lakewood?

That runaround is obviously too short, and with more than about 10 cars, you have to split the train and double run around, ehich i would find to be a huge PITA.
  by jdh823

pdtrains wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:44 am even with the south leg of the wye in, are they still running pull-pull, to avoid hacing to run around in Lakewood?
That's what I was thinking too. They'd save time by running push-pull still I would think instead of going to the runaround.
  by Bracdude181

They ran push pull until Lakewood and now they are coming back with both engines in the front with 1888 leading.

Approaching Victory rd 1:31 pm

by Railcar1

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:14 pm They ran push pull until Lakewood and now they are coming back with both engines in the front with 1888 leading.

Approaching Victory rd 1:31 pm

Not to be too technical, but the locals you see like that are actually pull-pull not push-pull. There’s only the one unit doing the work. MI-21 out of Millville is the same way.
  by GSC

Some nice videos and pics posted on Facebook of the first revenue use of the south leg. Thanks to the guys who were there to record it.
  by JohnFromJersey

Not to be a spreader of rumors, but a trusted member of one of the Facebook groups, who has been consistently posting quality videos of the DRRR work on these lines, stated that he spoke with a C&D guy back at the October 13 ceremony, and that the C&D guy said that DRRR will be clearing all the way down to Lakehurst, and also clear the TRIT.
  by HazzanDan

His photo of a huge brush cutting machine certainly makes me believe it. Most likely, in my opinion, they will first clear the brush past the existing end of the track in South Lakewood to lengthen the runaround track near Woodhaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk