• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by MHKProductions

Ok thank you a bulkhead flat car you don't see those to often. Who's the company that gets those cars? They are always on the team track im pretty sure.
  by GSC

As far as the low-hanging wires at Okerson, could be the utility (Verizon?) strung the wires thinking the line below it was OOS and wouldn't be used anytime soon, so the height didn't concern them at the time, especially for Plate F rail cars.

Back in my days of hauling oversize loads, we found quite a few wires hung lower than the 14-foot required minimum over roadways. Snapped a few. Oops.
  by Bracdude181

I think they are repairing the road surface. Not too long after the takeover they ripped up the crossings, added gauge rods, then haphazardly tarred over the holes they dug. Ties are stacked up at Maxim Road, and I’m thinking that’s for the new crossing.
  by Tanker1497

Bracdude181 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:09 am EH Allen Pole in Sayerville comes to pick the poles up
How silly is this you can see Browns yard from EH Allen's roof. The car goes on a journey passed EH Allen going to to Jamesburg interchanges and gets delivered by another RR. EH Allen drives pass Browns Yard with several trucks and goes to Freehold to pick up the poles off the cars. Then drives pass Browns Yard to bring them back. I can count how many times they go by with the poles. All this and there's track with a siding to EH Allen not one but two one to the yard back and one to the front of the building. I'm sure the track needs to be repaired, but come on. Truly the dumbing down of America, in some third world Country some bare foot kit would be rolling these off the train in the yard. And were are the super power?
  by Bracdude181

EH Allen has, as I’ve been told, asked Conrail MANY times why they can’t just use that track and every time they ask they get some piss poor excuse.

Thanks for reporting the train tanker. I’d do it but today I can’t. SUPER busy.
  by JohnFromJersey

Well, at least with CR's incompetence, it results in another customer for C&D on the FIT, helping keep the operation alive.

but yes, it makes no sense whatsoever, but this is New Jersey afterall.
  by MHKProductions

Old Bridge chemicals still has a siding going into the facility next to EH Allen, Not sure if Old Bridge Chemicals still gets service but they have a total of 17 cars in the siding on Google Earth, considering they would shove out from Old bridge chemicals onto a siding, than down the Amboy towards Browns.