• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by JohnFromJersey

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:29 pm Also between Bordentown and Camden all freights are limited to night running due to NJT operations between the two towns, and possibly other restrictions.
From what I have heard, there is not (as) much industry left on the Bordentown Secondary (as there once was). A lot of businesses have closed up shop and moved elsewhere, like across the river into PA, where you are still close to your customer base in NJ, just in a different spot that is probably much cheaper.
  by AceMacSD

JohnFromJersey wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:57 pm A couple of things:
1. Who here will be attending the Golden Spike Ceremony next Friday?
2. The track work they were doing in Farmingdale this week has been done, and it looks very good.
1. I'll be there.
2. Thank you, but there’s still more work to be done. You'll be surprised when it's all done. Everything'll make better sense when you see the end results.
  by AceMacSD

pdtrains wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:56 pm So getting back to running everyhting thru red bank till track/trestles are fixed in the Jamesburg to Freehold area....

Lots of ways to do this......

If it were me... (and we're talking about 1 crew) Head out of red bank freehold cars 1st, then the lakewood/other SOUS cars.
Tie down the cars for lakewood just north of the crossings in farmingdale (or back a bit further if its safer)
Head to Freehold and do wotk. Then back toward Farmingdale, and tie down the Freehold empties west of Farmingdale. Then head light up the the SOUS cars that are on the SOUS main, couple up and run to Lakewood.

The next day of operation..Head up to Farmingdale with Lakewood empties, pick up the Freehold empties that are tied down on the Freehold main...and head to RB.

The down side....probably would be a 12 hour day. Maybe 3 days a week of operation would make a little easier, as less cars...If CSAO can run to RB 3 days a week.

Also tying cars down on the main.... You'd have to find a spot where kids/idiots wouldnt get to them. Morons kicking off brakes is not a good thing. UP uses portable derails now, whenever they leave cars where derails arent already installed.

I guess we'll see.......
Sounds nice but not quite. Interchange in bank'll be done the same days as jburg and southern interchanges. Yes, more runs on NJT and more runs bank-Farmingdale.
  by AceMacSD

jdh823 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:59 pm
AceMacSD wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:54 pm Speaking of C&A some of us where scouting around down there couple weeks ago. Stay tuned.
Line definitely on life support. Only Berry is remaining
Freehold-Farmingdale was dead and we got it back to life. Stay tuned.
  by Bracdude181

RB-1 got stuck at Pinebrook road again 8:13 am

The BD RV caboose is in Prestone and 2005 is picking it up
  by Bracdude181

North at DCS LAKEWOOD 12:39 PM

Route 88s lights are FINALLY working again for the first time in months
  by JohnFromJersey

It appears that they switched 752 with 2005. 752 is now parked on the southbound wye leg stub with the caboose.
  by CR2721

What is the current status of the southern wye leg construction? Any official approvals for this yet? Any RFPs?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

by JohnFromJersey

CR2721 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:38 am What is the current status of the southern wye leg construction? Any official approvals for this yet? Any RFPs?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
I'm not sure, but they are indeed clearing the rest of the path for the southbound leg, which will be hugging the edge of JCP&L's property. No work appears to be done to the old PRR diamond approach though, which makes me wonder why they cleared that section out in the first place.

I imagine we will see grading + other prep work very soon.