• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by JohnFromJersey

AceMacSD wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:46 am They're not supplied by a rail served distributor. Their material turnover rate doesn't necessitate a need for rail service either. Don't believe everything that you'd read on the internet specially when it comes to these unsubstantiated claims.
I don't believe it, hence why I came here to ask if anyone else heard of it.
AceMacSD wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:46 am There's a business that's seriously interested in rail service in the Momoth county area. This isn't a "I heard from unnamed source" that some on these forums like to dribble off.
Who is it? Off the top of my head, is it Brick Recycling?
  by CR7876

There are still two switches, i think, in place just north of MP 55 for two places off Oak Glenn Rd. Dinaso Lumber used the siding closest to the road in the mid 00's briefly after they left downtown Lakewood, and I can't remember who used the one further north. Either way, there is zero chance anyone is going to talk about potential new customers in detail until the ink is dry and the cars are in transit.
  by JohnFromJersey

CR7876 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:55 am There are still two switches, i think, in place just north of MP 55 for two places off Oak Glenn Rd. Dinaso Lumber used the siding closest to the road in the mid 00's briefly after they left downtown Lakewood, and I can't remember who used the one further north. Either way, there is zero chance anyone is going to talk about potential new customers in detail until the ink is dry and the cars are in transit.
One of those sidings seems to go into some sort of plumbing business, which has the siding and the switch still in place, and the second siding goes into the Haddon House warehouse, which still has the siding but the switch has been removed.
  by MHKProductions

Will we still have extras run on the NJCL to Red Bank? What will be the conditions for this type of train to run, will it be like a SA-93 etc.
  by MHKProductions

Can anyone share a current list of customers on the secondary and any future customers? I haven't been able to find a up to date list.
  by AceMacSD

Correct about the new customers in detail, Vin.

Brick recycling is already an active customer. they've hadn't ordered any cars in a while. The switches by Oak Glen rd go to what's now a plumbing supply warehouse. None of their distributors ship by rail. From what they've said they've needed a storage area for their stock since they can't expand their Lakewood facility which they'd like to keep more accessible to the public. The other switch used to be a food distributor that got reefers of vegetables. Don't remember the name maybe fast forward or something like that. I heard it was run by a couple of wise guys who'd then unloaded the business to Haddon house. Their distributors and customers didn't ship by rail. Now it's a foreign backed company called UNFI. As said before the switches been gone for some time. Probably won't go back in.
  by Bracdude181

List of active customers on the Southern.

Woodhaven Lumber
Extech
Whoever that guy is at Brick Recycling transloading ethanol.

Brick hasn’t gotten a car in years so I don’t see how they are still active.

Freehold customers

Reed and Perine
Builders General
EH Allen Pole (they use the team track. Their facility is in Sayerville)
Prestone

Cary Molding got cars briefly until they got bought out and moved out of NJ. The building is still there but hasn’t gotten a car in about a year now.
  by AceMacSD

Brick recycling maintains an "ACTIVE" status with the carrier, which makes it an active customer, regardless of how many cars they get or don't get.
  by RFRailFan

EH Allen Pole is right next to Browns Yard. Too bad they have to truck poles from Freehold back up to their yard! Refurb that old siding coming off of Browns!
  by Bracdude181

They wanted to awhile ago but there was some sort of disagreement with Conrail about that. Many years ago they used to do it in Lakewood at Dinaso Lumber.
  by Bracdude181

Wha?? Which construction company??? I’m fairly certain Allen was who picked those poles up.
  by Bracdude181

In fact, a couple of my people who have been down here for a very long time DISTINCTLY remember seeing trucks with EH Allen markings coming in to pick the poles up. Eventually they moved to Freehold because it was closer to their business and was significantly cheaper to move there vs having to go down NJT, pay their fees, and pay for a longer trip.
  by CR2721

Bracdude181 wrote:List of active customers on the Southern.
Thank you for the exact and precise answer another was asking for. And thank you for your tireless and positive participation in posting the status of this line on the day-to-day.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk