• Rockland Branch Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by MEC407

You're not the only one who has wondered about that. Such a service has been discussed as far back as the late 1990s. The topic comes up, and fades away, every few years. I think MDOT may have even commissioned a study... which is probably collecting dust on a shelf somewhere.
  by NHV 669

8 cement loads and an empty reefer west today.

[Edited at 15:27]

9 cement empties back east.
  by newpylong

Good to see the reefer business staying steady.
  by NHV 669

9 cement loads, 1 perlite car west today.
  by copcars

there were 3 or 4 bud liner cars on M427 this afternoon does anyone know where they came from? NHV669 ,THANKS for info on Rockland and VT rail NPWJ trains
  by copcars

The reason I posted the Budliner question here,i thought they were going to use bud liners for passenger trips between Brunswick and rockland,did that ever happen.M427 was on the Chester railcam this afternoon with the bud liner cars.Also, about 5 years ago I was wondering around Barre where the quarries are, and there was a company with 4 or 5 bud liners there.Did they come down from Barre on NECR and CSX take them West.
  by JBlaisdell

I don't know what you saw, but the Rockland ones were still in Rockland as of Tuesday.
  by NHV 669

You more than likely saw the ones coming off the Hobo Railroad, picked up by CSXT at Concord.

There is still a fleet of the AEAX Budd cars stored up at the former Bombardier plant in Barre.

2003 has already operated along the Rockland Branch, as previously noted in this thread.
  by nomis

Those RDC's are heading from Hobo to Berkshire Scenic locations.
  by NHV 669

The 5 empties that came back east on Thursday are back west as loads today.

[Edited at 16:34]

15 empties back east.
  by NHV 669

Running a day later than usual; 6 loads west, 4 empties and a perlite car back east.
  by NHV 669

No idea where the extra cars came from, but 10 loads west today.

[Edited at 13:35 ]

13 empties back east.
  by copcars

HAS ANYONE NOTICED THE RACY ADDS!