• Rockland Branch Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by johnhenry

Spotted the RDC in the Rockland yard on Thursday.
  by NHV 669

9 loads west today, they'll have two steel loads and three empty cement cars to take east.
  by NHV 669

2003 went out on it's first test run this afternoon.
  by NHV 669

5 loads west today.

[Edited at 13:01]

4 empties back east.
  by NHV 669

4 loads west this morning.

[Edited at 15:09]

9 cars back east.
  by NHV 669

I believe they took 21 empties back east yesterday; the RDC is out testing/qualifying again today.
  by NHV 669

9 loads west today.

[Edited at 15:55]

14 empties back east.
  by NHV 669

22 cement loads and one perlite car west today for Brunswick.

[Edited at 15:59]

12 empties back east.
  by markhb

Coastliner Excursions is now booking 1-hour trips out of Rockland during this weekend's Lobster Festival. Cost is $20 per adult. They also have charter offers on their site and mention a Rockland - BRK round trip in the planning.

EDIT: That charter mention (at an unspecified hourly rate) says "Stay as long as desired, and do as you please legally for entertainment enroute." I wonder if that implies "it's okay to light up your weed in the car," and if so what the cars will smell like for the next set of occupants.
  by NHV 669

16 cement loads west today.

[Edited at 14:13]

11 empties and a bait reefer back east.
  by NHV 669

11 cement loads and an empty bait reefer west this morning.

[Edited at 18:35]

9 empties and a reefer back east.
  by fromway

The Coastliner will be commencing service between Brunswick and Rockland at the end of August. There is also talk of service that mentions Wiscaseth and Bath. Service will run Friday through Sunday. Geared for the Fall tourist season.
  by Safetee

I have often wondered, given the general traffic congestion especially in the summer months between Brunswick, Bath, Woolwich, and Wiscasset, whether a BIW subsidized RDC commuter service between those points in the morning and afternoon would make cents?