• South Jersey

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

CA51 is only running that line once a week now?
  by Railcar1

No, they at least go to Barrington every day to serve International Paper which years ago was Weyerhaeuser.
Last edited by Railcar1 on Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Bracdude181

Ooooh wait I misread that last part sorry.

The crossing work could be mandated by the DOT. Didn’t they also do a lot of upgrades on the grenloch line despite only seeing a couple trains a week? Noticed in general they do a lot better on crossing upgrades and maintenance than Conrail North Jersey.
  by Railcar1

I think the Grenloch is also a M thru F operation. International Paper has a former Weyerhaeuser plant there too plus Amoroso’s.
  by Railcar1

Most of those new crossings down south were done with a state grant about a decade ago if I remember reading right.
  by johnnyloco

Check out the latest happenings in the area on the South Jersey Trains video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpvG3zfH4gY

"The famous Norfolk and Western 611 ran excursions for the last time at Strasburg on Memorial Day before departing back to home in Virginia. We will see the big steamer shove into the station and then twice in each direction at the next crossing, Ebenshade Road.
Conrail Shared Assets picked up the long dormant empty coal train from Deepwater and take it to the SRNJ in Winslow to be stored. Scenes of it include locations from Westville, Magnolia and Winslow.
Also in the mix are scenes of SMS Rail Lines having engines moved by Conrail Shared Assets including switcher #104 and ex-PRSL GP38, 2003.
Really mixing it up are a few scenes of Amtrak with a Harry Potter themed wrap of engine #653, a light engine move of a GP38-3, and an Acela flying by.
Topping off the movie will be a few clips of Cape May Seashore Lines moving freight, a Union Pacific visitor, and the latest CSX heritage unit, the Baltimore & Ohio 1827."
  by WashingtonPark

Just saw the longest train I ever saw going to Pennsville at 130p today. Three engines and 140 cars. Really backed up the road crossings.
  by Railcar1

Probably the CA11. That’s a big train for them which occasionally does happen. Sounds like you were in Woodbury when you saw it?
  by WashingtonPark

Railcar1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:24 pm Probably the CA11. That’s a big train for them which occasionally does happen. Sounds like you were in Woodbury when you saw it?
West Deptford, Grove Ave. What struck me as odd was that it was headed in the opposite direction of what it usually does. It certainly looked like CA11. Maybe something to do with the floods up north?
  by Railcar1

Bracdude181 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:03 pm Any word on that PRSL GP38??
Word is out now is on its way via CSX and bound for Tuckahoe.
  by Bracdude181

Are they getting GMTX 215 as well or is that going somewhere else?
  by Railcar1

I have no idea
  by Bracdude181

Ok. I was told they were but I’m not 100 percent sure if they are. Weird they’d get two more engines when they only ever use 2-3 at one time. PRSL 2000 being there brings the gp38 count to 4. Wonder if it’ll replace 1449.
  by CR7876

nomis wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:40 am AceMacSD, That ULMER is interesting. Get your tin foil and hat templates out !
Did you see the ULMER for 2011 and 2015?
  by Bracdude181

I’m sorry, what is ULMER??