• South Jersey

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Railcar1

I wonder why NS felt the pups were unsafe? There were a few of them used in the south jersey shared area from both railroads but not as many as before the split.
  by Bracdude181

AceMac, the “Spirit of Conrail” was an NS engine that said “25 years of service” on the sides. It was NS 2943, and was on the last SA35.

In 2009 the engine was turned into road slug 708.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... ?id=468984
  by Railcar1

Speaking of old stuff, now that news has been out about former PRSL GP38 2000 being restored to its original PRSL paint scheme, is there any word where it is heading next? I would have to guess it’s either CMSL or SMS.
  by Bracdude181

Where is PRSL 2000 (which I believe is currently GMTX 2690) located at the moment?
  by Railcar1

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:20 pm Where is PRSL 2000 (which I believe is currently GMTX 2690) located at the moment?
It was in Indiana last and it is in full PRSL paint with the 2000 cab number. I don’t know if it’s still there or moved on.
  by AceMacSD

I'll track it in the system Monday. Let you know then.
  by Bracdude181

Today, CA64 is picking up the empty coal cars in Deepwater. As i hear it this will be the last run run of a unit coal train in NJ…
  by nomis

AceMacSD, That ULMER is interesting. Get your tin foil and hat templates out !
  by Bracdude181

Any word on that PRSL GP38??
  by Railcar1

Must be top secret ha ha.
  by AceMacSD

Yeah of the highest security. Think they found papers on it at Mara Largo.
  by Railcar1

Driving through Magnolia today, I noticed they put up new crossing signals at the Evesham Rd crossing. The one side is a large cantilever style. I’m surprised they did this with a traffic light there and only CA51 using the line during the work week.
  by JoeBas

Well, considering they update crossing protection on lines with NO active rail... ;)