• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by RFRailFan

Bracdude181 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:25 pm C&D uses two channels, the main one being 160.39500. (Which they most frequently use) SA31 uses 161.23500 while on NJT, and 160.86000 while in Red Bank Yard.

I can’t say what the second C&D channel is as the main one is already compromised. There is an ongoing issue with interference on that channel in the Lakewood area and so far the crews have been getting around it by switching to the second channel, which so far they haven’t had issues with.
Thank you. I'll add 160.395 to my rail bank.
  by trainfann101

SA-31 did not make it out of Red Bank last night due to PTC issues. May need a rescue. RB-1 will also have 11 cars for Woodhaven today.
  by RFRailFan

trainfann101 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:13 am SA-31 did not make it out of Red Bank last night due to PTC issues. May need a rescue. RB-1 will also have 11 cars for Woodhaven today.
What has been the typical process - - On Thursday afternoons, SA-31 leaves Browns Yard and drops cars off in Red Bank and returns to Browns Yard same day? Then on Fridays, D&R takes those cars down the SOUS to Woodhaven and returns later that evening? I always see 3-4 empty cars parked just west of the Newman Springs Rd (Shrewsbury) grade crossing whenever I drive over.
  by Bracdude181

Yes that’s the process.

He’ll be in Red Bank in about 15-20 minutes if you want to go see RB-1.
  by Bracdude181

Didn’t have time to check the whole line today, but here’s how Adelphia road looks. Its hard to spot but new track can be seen on the left side of the picture.
  by Bracdude181

C&D split the project into 2 phases. First one is done or near done. Phase 2 is for the remaining work.
  by Bracdude181

I think phase 2 covers whatever track hasn’t been laid yet and that speed will be 25 mph. That’s what they are setting the crossings up for.
  by Dcell

Bracdude181 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:39 pm I think phase 2 covers whatever track hasn’t been laid yet and that speed will be 25 mph. That’s what they are setting the crossings up for.
Track is being laid to Lakewood, yes? That's the endpoint for now?