• Current practice at Huntington

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by bellstbarn

A friend who shares my walking disabilities will take a train from Penn Station to Huntington this Sunday, Nov. 27, 2022. His nephew will meet him by car at the station. They have cell phones. I see on the MTA website that only the first 8 cars will open. Is the station building alongside Platform A? On the timetable, most Sunday afternoon trains seem to arrive at Platform B. Would the loop at the rear of the train on Platform B be a handy place for the pick-up? I recall HART buses picking up passengers there rather than near the 1909 station building. Thanks for up-to-date comments. Wikipedia is outdated, and the LIRR station information weak.
  by Crabman1130

Babylon has escalators where the ticket office is.
  by RestrictOnTheHanger

BellStBarn-

The station building is located on Platform A, and the ramp on A is between the station building and taxi office, closer to the rear of the train

If the train arrives on Platform B, there is a ramp on the west end of the platform that leads dow to that loop. Your friend should ride in the last 2 cars.

People wait on the B side to pick up passengers, not as many as on the A side. Worst case if the loop is no parking, park beside the platform and pull to the loop when ready. Plenty of space on weekends.
  by bellstbarn

Many thanks!