• Trackwork in Wakefield?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by l008com

Pretty much all summer long, I've seen various pieces of machinery and track and ties in Wakefield. This is at the intersection of Prospect St and North St, behind the Laundromat. Are they just going regular typical work, or are they adding a work siding there? The way they keep leaving things laid out, it really often looks like they are adding a siding!
  by BostonUrbEx

They've been using that little remnant if the B&M Newburyport Branch for MOW staging for a long time. It is useful location for the work train to drop off and pick up materials, such as for building crossing panels or switch panels. I wouldn't be surprised if they build pieces of the new crossovers for the new interlocking at Melrose Highlands there.
  by l008com

That's not the spot I'm talking about. Way down the other end of North Street, right by the lake. That's what I'm talking about.