• Trash Picking Engineers ????

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by SimTrains

Man, Why are these railroad oddities always happening to me??? So I was out railfaning today @ the Amtrak station in Depew, NY when two single units passed by me heading east, CSX 321 and UP 4234 on track 4, just by themselves, no freight or anything. I got pics of em and then thaught nothing more of it. A few minutes later I noticed that the units had stopped, just before where tracks 3 and 4 merge into track 1. I drove down Walden Ave. and they were stopped right behind the used car dealership on the corner of Walden & Transit. I thaught this would make a cool shot, so I park my car and I get to about 20 feet from the lead unit when an engineer pops out of a dumpster next to me. Scared the @#$% out of me. He had a hand full of dead or dying roses, and some other stuff he was taking from the dumpster. He smiled at me, noded his head, hopped out of the dumpster and walked into the lead unit. I was dumbfounded!!!!! After seeing that I walked slowly back to my car to gather my thaughts. A few seconds later, a different guy emerged from the cab and started digging around in the dumpster. What the &$#@??? Is there a way to put pictures up on this new forum software, cus you better beleave I got some of this event!!!!!!!!!!!

by Mike Roque

If you've got them online, you can link to them or include them inline using BBcode. You can read more about BBcode here.

by n2qhvRMLI

:D DUMPSTER DIVING! :D

I bet someone on the job found the dead roses gracing their space when they came back from lunch/dinner/whatever! :D

You never know what you'll find on a "diving" expedition, one man's junk is another man's treasure! :D

de Don N2QHV
  by rcbsd45

See what happens when the company screws with your contract settlements and you have to go prom paying nothin to $79.21 per month for health care? makes it tough to save the money for a decent meal!

by roadster

I think March 12th was Trainmaster appreciation day. The boys were just preparing their show of support. :roll:
  by thannon

Understand it to be hard- but cheer up! In the past five years I've managed around 1/5-2% annual raises: not that I'm saying I'm more burdened than some- but my 1999 Insurance costs were $72.56/month, and my 2004 costs are $212.54/month.... :(

My current quote on my pension was also heartening: after 35 years of service I should rate $120-$140/month....

Tom H>
rcbsd45 wrote:See what happens when the company screws with your contract settlements and you have to go prom paying nothin to $79.21 per month for health care? makes it tough to save the money for a decent meal!
  by LCJ

I don't want to hear the whining. Try going out on your own and see what insurance costs you! I guess the grass is always greener....

by krispy

Geeezz... What's the big deal? It's not like they're were parked by the cemetary. Nothing wrong with a little curbside shopping. As my waste disposal facilitator told me, "Ya can't beat the price and all you can eat for free!"

After this last MTA contract, maybe they're hiring...

by charlie6017

Hey SimTrains,
You should find a way to post the pictures.....I would LOVE to see that!

by rushhour

same here :D

by njt4172

How do I get to minimize the picture I have??

Thanks,
Steve
  by Otto Vondrak

I'm not sure where this discussion is going... also, are you sure you want to embarass whoever is in the photo by posting it on the internet?

-otto-

by charlie6017

That's a good point, Otto. Is there a way to "smudge" the person's face to hide it?

by SimTrains

Yea, I decided not to post the pics to my web site. I don't want to embarass them. I'm looking into downloading paint pro or something so I can blur there faces. Anybody know a good (free) program that will let me do this?
  by fafafooey

Here on Amtrak we have a certain conductor who gets his free lunch every day from browsing the Mall in manhattan getting free samples from the food court. He first tucks his shirt in then out then off so he can circle 3 times.He has NEVER left the railroad property without something from the dumpster. HAHA I just remembered one time someone came into the locker room with leftover cafe car food found in the yard he took it home (Only God knows how old it was) This man has a serious desease its called "hording". You have to see his back yard.