• Coaches with car body damage

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Arborwayfan

CRail, would I be about right if I'm guessing that the internal doors are locked, but the outer doors are open so the freight conductors can get at the brake lever/wheel if they need to, and have a place to stand when they need to shove the coach?
  by CRail

Your guess is as good as mine, though if I owned the equipment that's certainly how I'd want it set up for shipment. That's a down side of the 200 coaches in their post-rebuild state, they're impossible to lock!
  by sery2831

Arborwayfan wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:05 pm CRail, would I be about right if I'm guessing that the internal doors are locked, but the outer doors are open so the freight conductors can get at the brake lever/wheel if they need to, and have a place to stand when they need to shove the coach?
Cars are locked up. They are always left with a freight car for a hand brake(or a shove move). Also because of the diaphragm, you cannot hang a marker. So that is why they are towards the end of a train, not THE end.
  by Commuterrail1050

Here’s some news. 1631 which has been getting repaired in the bet shop is now finally back in service! It showed up yesterday on the tracker.
  by JacobKoppel

MBTX 1721 is heading to Bear Delaware. It was picked up by Pan Am BO-1 and will be interchanged to NS. 1721 appears to have roof damage.
  by Commuterrail1050

Is 841 coming back from there anytime soon? Also what damage does 1827 have this time around?